Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: P30 with RDS/PMO

I got my slide back from Mark at L&M today, much faster than I expected.

I'm very pleased with the work. Picking up the dot feels very natural, and it doesn't feel like it sits too high in the slide at all.

Name:  IMG_1623.jpg
Views: 2115
Size:  65.9 KB

I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I'll definitely be sending a P30sk his way soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post

I'm very pleased with the work. Picking up the dot feels very natural, and it doesn't feel like it sits too high in the slide at all.

I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I'll definitely be sending a P30sk his way soon.
    What holster is that?

Quote Originally Posted by GotWhatINeed View Post
    What holster is that?
    It is a Dark Star Gear Orion that @Dark Star Gear made for me in Multicam Black.

Are these the BUIS that L&M installs? Any chance of getting a picture of what the iron sights look like from the rear through the RMR?

I'm serisouly contemplating sending L&M a P30L slide to get an RDS on. Debating between the P30 that I'd actually carry vs getting an optics ready VP9 (that I would not carry) to experiment with RDS on pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Are these the BUIS that L&M installs? Any chance of getting a picture of what the iron sights look like from the rear through the RMR?

I'm serisouly contemplating sending L&M a P30L slide to get an RDS on. Debating between the P30 that I'd actually carry vs getting an optics ready VP9 (that I would not carry) to experiment with RDS on pistols.
    They are the sights that Mark offers. I still haven’t had a chance to shoot it, but am liking it a lot from my dry fire experience.

Damn, that was a quick pic reply! Thanks for that.

Sights look good. I'm debating on the RMR vs ACRO. Any opinion on how you like the RMR or reasons for choosing it? Since you've got to mill the P30 and are stuck with the optic your choose, I'm trying to get first hand opinions before I send my slide to L&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Damn, that was a quick pic reply! Thanks for that.

Sights look good. I'm debating on the RMR vs ACRO. Any opinion on how you like the RMR or reasons for choosing it? Since you've got to mill the P30 and are stuck with the optic your choose, I'm trying to get first hand opinions before I send my slide to L&M.
    Mark said he actually can make a different plate to go from RMR to ACRO, but then you’d need a different plate to go back to the RMR again. So there is a little flexibility, but it would be expensive and require down time to send everything back to him.

The ACRO doesn’t really appeal to me because of the size and battery life. My main purpose for the gun is concealed carry, and while I’d like to have a closed emitter, that doesn’t concern me as much as being able to conceal adequately. I also like using the RMR on auto brightness mode, which isn’t an option for the ACRO.

I do have a Holosun 509t on order for an offset rifle sight that I may try on the p30 if it ships with an RMR adapter.

They are the sights that Mark offers. I still haven’t had a chance to shoot it, but am liking it a lot from my dry fire experience.

Any signs so far of that rear sight causing any damage issues with shirts/cover garments?

I haven’t really had a chance to carry it since I’ve been mostly staying at home. They don’t seem to be sharp so I don’t anticipate any issues with that.

Sorry to resurrect an older threat, but is anyone taking over where Mark at L&M left off for H&K's?

He seemed to have the best method of affixing an optic to an H&K slide.

User Tag List