Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Sheriff pulls Adams Arms ARs from duty

Florida Sheriff pulls Adams Arms ARs from duty

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...5s-off-streets

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri has pulled all AR-15s made my Adams Arms from deputies after discovering serious manufacturing issues with the rifles.
    #RESIST

They mentioned that the problem developed over time during training. I wonder what the round count was when they started experiencing the failures.

This is why you buy from a manufacturer known for quality control and putting out a good reliable product. Not the cheapest thing you can find.
    Owner Rockey Brass
    www.rockeybrass.com
    Reloading supplies and firearms parts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockey View Post
    They mentioned that the problem developed over time during training. I wonder what the round count was when they started experiencing the failures.

This is why you buy from a manufacturer known for quality control and putting out a good reliable product. Not the cheapest thing you can find.
    $1,000+ semi-auto patrol rifles without optics or WMLs isn't cheap. You could get standard flattops from Ruger/Smith/Stag/Colt with a PRO and a Streamlight/Surefire WML for each and be out the door at about the same price with a large enough contract.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Sounds like someone got shafted on the contract.$1,000 per rifle from a no-name firm = mistake.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    $1,000+ semi-auto patrol rifles without optics or WMLs isn't cheap. You could get standard flattops from Ruger/Smith/Stag/Colt with a PRO and a Streamlight/Surefire WML for each and be out the door at about the same price with a large enough contract.
    You're right, especially when places like Geissele advertise duty rifles for LE starting at $750 on their website.
    Owner Rockey Brass
    www.rockeybrass.com
    Reloading supplies and firearms parts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockey View Post
    You're right, especially when places like Geissele advertise duty rifles for LE starting at $750 on their website.
    So there's basically two possibilities here:

Someone in brass had a personal relationship with the hometown shop slapping piston parts into otherwise-unremarkable rack-grade rifles, or someone in brass had a personal relationship with the hometown shop slapping piston parts into otherwise-unremarkable rack-grade rifles.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Wow. I see they have decided to up the ante and step up to Rock River rifled from Adams. That should fix things right up.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Wow. I see they have decided to up the ante and step up to Rock River rifled from Adams. That should fix things right up.
    We have Florida Man, now I guess we have Florida Sheriff?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I love Florida. Apparently the old sheriff worked at Adams Arms when the county bought the rifles.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/fox-13...-gun-purchases

The annual budget request is one of the few occasions sheriffs in Florida must seek county commission approval for any particular action. Commissioners approved his request - a 25% increase since 2011 - and raised property taxes to accommodate it.

A few weeks later, he spent a quarter of a million dollars for a no-bid purchase of rifles from Adams Arms, a company that employs former Sheriff Bob White, who was Pasco County’s sheriff from 2001 until 2011, a FOX 13 investigation has found.

PSO first purchased 65 rifles from Adams Arms in September 2013, records show.

White’s LinkedIn page lists his start date as a consultant for the Odessa-based company as September 2014; his Facebook page lists a June 1, 2014 start date. He did not respond to requests for an interview.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    PCSO issued RRA prior to the adoption of AA.

User Tag List