Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 84% of Women Failing Army Combat Fitness Test

SMA Grinston reveals his ACFT scores

Not bad. Not sure but I bet he's on the lighter side bodyweight wise.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...fjIayd4zVr-iL4
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Where was his safety belt?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    SMA Grinston reveals his ACFT scores

Not bad. Not sure but I bet he's on the lighter side bodyweight wise.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...fjIayd4zVr-iL4
    Those are really impressive scores for a 50y/o. Awesome job SMA Grinston!
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Those are really impressive scores for a 50y/o. Awesome job SMA Grinston!
    Yeah. I tried a few of those leg tucks on my home pull-up bar when I got home from the gym this. I easily knocked out five-doubt I could do 20 right now. (I’m 54).

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Yeah. I tried a few of those leg tucks on my home pull-up bar when I got home from the gym this. I easily knocked out five-doubt I could do 20 right now. (I’m 54).
    I know right? I'm 62 and I've been doing those knee to elbows a bit pretty much weekly for quite a while with a neutral grip on parallel bars but usually in sets of 5-7 for like 3 sets. I KNOW I'd be lucky to get 10.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I don't see the practical use in bringing your knees to your elbows while hanging from a rod...
    I am laughing my ass off at this, because this brought up Jimmy Carr in my head. (you know she likes you when your feet are behind her ears)
    Went off to Youtube and am listening to a bunch of his stuff now.

Needed the laugh, thanks

If you think the majority of the DoD leadership @ Da Pentagon cares about fitness, I got a crayon tree to sell (Marines Only). Those folks only care about their promotions and keeping Congress happy. They’d abolish PT tests entirely if it had political traction- and I’d wager we’d still see the same ratio of unfit vs fit people .

Whether your job is rucking a pack in ___Istan or repeatedly pressing “Enter” in a climate controlled building , the members preparedness for war is up to them. That is true regardless of AFSC/MOS ,gender, or rank.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    If you think the majority of the DoD leadership @ Da Pentagon cares about fitness, I got a crayon tree to sell (Marines Only). Those folks only care about their promotions and keeping Congress happy. They’d abolish PT tests entirely if it had political traction- and I’d wager we’d still see the same ratio of unfit vs fit people .

Whether your job is rucking a pack in ___Istan or repeatedly pressing “Enter” in a climate controlled building , the members preparedness for war is up to them. That is true regardless of AFSC/MOS ,gender, or rank.
    I disagree. If one thing was emphasized beyond the point of ad nauseam during my Army Officer training it was the APFT. The APFT was considered the key to your success as an Army officer by much of the cadre and the ability to land nav, shoot straight, and patrol were secondary and tertiary. Given that my cohort of officers are now guiding much of what is happening in the Pentagon - I seriously doubt this has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I hereby declare this thread interservice ribbing.

Also, if someone tells me an Air Force joke I've never heard before, I'll shout you out in my next video (sometime in Feb).
    I tried to get you guys on board with a military forum, but no one was interested. Then we could have an entire thread that was nothing but pissing on the chair force interservice ribbing!
    Last edited by Drang; 10-08-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Then why are we implementing a more comprehensive PT test that could eliminate 40 percent of the under performing force? The initiative has been placed at the feet of those out of shape Soldiers and they're being given a fair chance to fix themselves. The same argument could be made about the new weapons qual being rolled out during the same time frame.

Strategic level leadership has placed an emphasis on setting and enforcing higher standards across the Army; I doubt that's a politically popular thing to do right now. New dress uniforms aside, I'm quite pleased with the job SMA Dailey and new SMA Grinston is doing right now.
    Last edited by sandy11B3V5W; 10-08-2019 at 04:23 PM.

User Tag List