Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 84% of Women Failing Army Combat Fitness Test

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    It appears to test almost all of the same muscles that a soldier would use to climb up a rope.
    Then climb a rope or ladder if that is a realistic expectation for the soldier's duty. The leg tuck is a pretty extreme body position - not one likely to be found in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    It's a test of core strength.
    I could say the same about bending 90° with your forehead against a wall and then trying to stand upright while holding a chair below your chin. But men and women have different body mechanics and it is possible to design silly little tests that disproportionately exclude one sex over the other.

Last edited by 0ddl0t; 10-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    According to Stars and Stripes, the new test is broken into three categories for minimum passing standards. Back office troops have the easiest time, then troops that are expected to have a certain physicality to their work like MPs are in the middle, and the toughest standards are for combat arms MOS. I don't know exactly what the standards are though, because I got a good score on the ASVAB and joined the Air Force.
    You're funny you should reserve snark for your lane, smoked your ASVAB. Yep, mark of a genius right there. I've got news for you though so did plenty of us not freaking hard and unlike you many of us opted not to sit behind a desk but to seek out our nations enemies and shoot them in the face, i.e. Infantry, Ranger, SF, Combat Engineers, etc. That is not to take away from anything that others do in support roles because they are absolutely needed but don't thumb your nose at the rest of us.
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-07-2019 at 09:57 PM.

There are times when a soldier needs to get over a wall that is taller than they are. This requires the soldier to jump a little and pull themselves over. If the soldier is too weak to, essentially, do a pull up in full kit then they need to bring their knees up to help push up wall with their feet.

Very real life.
    Last edited by DG12; 10-07-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    You're funny you should reserve snark for your lane, smoked your ASVAB. Yep, mark of a genius right there. I've got news for you though so did plenty of us not freaking hard and unlike you many of us opted not to sit behind a desk but to seek out our nations enemies and shoot them in the face, i.e. Infantry, Ranger, SF, Combat Engineers, etc. That is not to take away from anything that others do in support roles because they are absolutely needed but don't thumb your nose at the rest of us.
    I literally laughed at his airforce comment. POGs gonna POG.

and yes, i know you wear a beret because you are security forces Jetfireeeee
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 10-07-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy11B3V5W View Post
    I read the article. The author is a dipshit. The ACFT isn't perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. If the stats are accurate I'm not surprised. Nonathletic females and fatass males will struggle...good. You've got a whole year to unass yourself and figure out how to do a leg tuck or 5.
    +1. As a retired Soldier, I think it's about time the PRT fulfilled something other than administrative convenience. The AC has a year to train up to the standard, and commonly PT is three times a week, so the time is already allocated on the training schedule. There are going to be some sore puppies out there during that year. My guess is that the majority will rise to the challenge. RC is going to be more of a challenge due to time and resource constraints, and I'd bet that implementation for the RC will be pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I literally laughed at his airforce comment. POGs gonna POG.

and yes, i know you wear a beret because you are security forces Jetfireeeee
    I'm glad at least one person has a sense of humor. Seems @Mike C is a little sensitive.

Also, if you think that's snarky you should hear my joke about the Marines. "Hey Caleb, if you're so tough why didn't you join the Marines?"

Well I knew both my parents so...

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I'm glad at least one person has a sense of humor. Seems @Mike C is a little sensitive.

Also, if you think that's snarky you should hear my joke about the Marines. "Hey Caleb, if you're so tough why didn't you join the Marines?"

Well I knew both my parents so...
    LOL nah, it's definitely you. You're pretty regular as coming off condescending. Thanks though but I'll take my interservice ribbing elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Then climb a rope or ladder if that is a realistic expectation for the soldier's duty. The leg tuck is a pretty extreme body position - not one likely to be found in real life.

I could say the same about bending 90° with your forehead against a wall and then trying to stand upright while holding a chair below your chin. But men and women have different body mechanics and it is possible to design silly little tests that disproportionately exclude one sex over the other.

Sounds like you have it figured out. What was your submission to the DOD to solve the problem?

The DOD is screwed. Unless they come up with a watered down test that women can pass; idiots across the country will call them mysongist or some other big word to make themselves feel better. Never mind that there are actual physiological differences between men and women that help men when it comes to physical strength and endurance development, but hey who cares about all that crap. Men can be women and women can be men so that’s all that’s important.

Now before you go all sexist pig on me, understand that I don’t have issues with women serving in any role they are competent in. The fact of the matter is that in 2019 men on average are still stronger than women on average and men on average can adapt to physical stress better than women on average. Doesn’t mean women are weaker than men, just that we are built differently.

The military needs folks who can handle physical stress and demands. Shocker I know. Want to be in the military? Go spend some time attaining then skills needed to do so. If you need to spend some extra time to develop those skills so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    LOL nah, it's definitely you. You're pretty regular as coming off condescending. Thanks though but I'll take my interservice ribbing elsewhere.
    See? Sensitive. Imagine thinking that my interservice ribbing was anything other than that.

Would it help if I drew the joke for you? Or used smaller words?

When I went to Jump as a Marine Sergeant, an Army bubba explained what MARINE means: Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Expected
    #RESIST

User Tag List