Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That feeling when

That feeling when

Your daughter whom is addicted to watching Forged In Fire talks you into a karambit because her favorite judge on the show uses karambits and you cut yourself unsheathing the damn thing.

Ow. I think this one I ordered is too big. Oh well, gotta raise strong girls, right? She’s dead set on becoming a bladesmith now
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

This damn karambit makes me not want to touch it until I get trained. Totally different knife for me.
    #RESIST

Use to post more on a blade forum. We did member reviews on blades. They sent me a Spidie folding karambit. The point was up and in my strong side front pants pocket at work. I reached into my pocket and blade had opened up slightly so the curve blade punctured the heel of my hand. That curved blade had me stuck like a mountain lion claw. I couldn't move my hand away from the blade in my pocket and I didn't want to pull my hand back with the thoughts of what my hand would look like after that.

I then called over my work partner and said to bring the big pair of scissors he had in his desk. I looked right at him and told him to put the scissors in my pocket and cut it open. He looked at me like I lost my mind. I said it's just one pair of pants, CUT IT. Once the pocket was opened I could get the blade out of my paw without ripping the whole hand open. Haven't been a Karambit fan ever since.
    Last edited by Clay1; 10-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.

The first karambit ep had me on Amazon 5 minutes later to order one from SOG

I do like it, and haven't cut myself with it yet.

But, I don't think I'd go for a folding one. Too many bad stories.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

If anyone is curious, my daughter is dead set on a coal forge
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    She’s dead set on becoming a bladesmith now
    Perhaps if she chose a medical profession it would be more useful to you.

Site Supporter
    She will CUT. She will KEAL! No offense. My daughter carries a Spyderco.

You may think of taking a dad/daughter trip to Blade Show. She’d find lots of the contestants from Forged In Fire showing their wares there and of course, plenty of vendors selling everything a girl could want to set up a home forge in dad’s garage

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...a+propane+tank

Go with a gas forge if blades are the pursuit. Easy to burn steel in coal and it's not the healthiest thing to breath in either.

User Tag List