Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manurhin MR88's

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post

I cured my buyer’s regret by ordering another one.
    I think you might be my new hero.

You’re an enabler, though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Oh, they’re back in stock at Centerfire Systems, and still $449.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...h-holster.aspx

I cured my buyer’s regret by ordering another one.
    @JRB
    What's with the "(using wheels instead of just lubrication where metal rubs on metal)?" I don't see that in your pic.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    What's with the "(using wheels instead of just lubrication where metal rubs on metal)?" I don't see that in your pic.
    I would bet that they confused that with the MR-73. I think that they originally had these guns incorrectly listed as MR-73s.

New Guy and I just bought one

Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have a thing for 2-3 inch revolvers. I lean heavily towards Rugers or older S&W. So I didn't buy one of the MR88's when they first came up but I did this round. Ordered and waiting for arrival.

I believe the Speed Six grips will fit if I don't like the Trauch. But the site also stated grips would vary so I don't know what I will get yet.

Looking at the pictures of these I believe I noted the charging holes are chamfered. Did I see this correctly? The internals in the previously posted picture look to be nicely done. I am not at all worried about it having a side plate.

Does anyone know if these are Plus P rated? I can't find that questioned anywhere.

Looking forward to adding this to my collection.

H

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGP100 View Post
    Looking at the pictures of these I believe I noted the charging holes are chamfered. Did I see this correctly? The internals in the previously posted picture look to be nicely done. I am not at all worried about it having a side plate.

Does anyone know if these are Plus P rated? I can't find that questioned anywhere.

H
    I haven’t examined them with a magnifier, but it looks to me that the charge holes do have a small chamfer cut, which at least breaks the sharp corner. I’ll probably cut it a little deeper at some point.

I can’t find “+P” stamped anywhere on the gun. The users manual (which can be found online) doesn’t say one way or the other, so I’m not sure that’s even a consideration for the European market. It’d be nice to have “official” confirmation, but I have no reservations whatsoever about using +P ammo, since the gun was also offered in .357 Magnum.

You will wear out before that gun does shooting .38+P. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    You will wear out before that gun does shooting .38+P. JMO.
    Was what I was thinking. Thanks

I haven’t examined them with a magnifier, but it looks to me that the charge holes do have a small chamfer cut, which at least breaks the sharp corner. I’ll probably cut it a little deeper at some point.

I can’t find “+P” stamped anywhere on the gun. The users manual (which can be found online) doesn’t say one way or the other, so I’m not sure that’s even a consideration for the European market. It’d be nice to have “official” confirmation, but I have no reservations whatsoever about using +P ammo, since the gun was also offered in .357 Magnum.
    How does your copy shoot? I believe you said heavier loads, 158gr to POA but lighter loads lower? Accuracy?

I don’t need one...... I have a Colt Night Cobra, and that’s sufficient, right? *has item in cart, with VISA in hand*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGP100 View Post
    How does your copy shoot? I believe you said heavier loads, 158gr to POA but lighter loads lower? Accuracy?
    I’ve been struggling with vision issues for the last several months, so I can’t really comment on accuracy. I am shooting patterns more than groups. I hesitated to post the picture below since it’s so awful, but I think it at least shows a general POI difference.

User Tag List