Thread: Gunsite Alumni Shoot October 5, 2019

Gunsite Alumni Shoot October 5, 2019

This is a total brag post. I am so thrilled that my wife won not only High Lady but High Overall at the match.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That's awesome!! Congratulations to her!

So you're even more hesitant to lip off now?

Seriously, congratulations!!!
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Congratulations to her!

The Alumni shoot is ten stages, with a mix of shooting challenges. The scoring is draconian, with ten seconds per miss, 30 seconds for a no shoot, and there is Virginia count on many steel targets. For example, I missed my one shot on the second plate on a six plate vertical plate rack, and got a ten second penalty for that plate, and forty seconds of penalties for the four plates behind that I was not allowed to engage. Whining aside, my wife had the fastest raw time of any competitor, and she had zero penalty points, so she won it outright anyway you look at it, by shooting a fast and error free match.

For the two of us, it was like an early Christmas, thanks to the generosity of Gunsite and the many sponsors. She won two Gunsite class certificates, one for High Overall and the other for High Lady, worth $1,500 plus each. She also won three Surefire lights, an X300, Sidekick and Stiletto, a Langlois Rhodesian sling, and there was the Glock 48 I won in the side match.

Leaving aside the match and prizes, the Gunsite Alumni shoot is an awesome opportunity to return to Gunsite in the fall, see many people, and be part of a classy, respectful shooting experience. Highly recommended!

Name:  32D18277-FF15-44FB-BEE1-D209F61826FE.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  49.9 KB

Here is Ken Campbell, who was recently promoted from COO to CEO of Gunsite, presenting my wife her award, with our dog Astro proudly watching.

Name:  D893CE8F-89F4-4BF1-97B2-2BD81F628D1F.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  53.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Wow. Congrats. That’s great.

Congratulations to your bride! Nice write-up too.

User Tag List