Thread: Waiting for a reliable, durable, narrow RDS

Waiting for a reliable, durable, narrow RDS

I’m becoming a convert to the idea of a RDS on an everyday carry gun, which in my case is usually a G43. There’s a real shortage of quality narrow, low profile RDSes that will work on a single stack 9 like a 43 or 48.

I’ve seen enough mentions of durability problems with polymer lenses, so I’d prefer waiting until glass lenses are standard. Also, a closed emitter would be preferred.

At this point, I’m holding off - the new SIG Romeo0 is tempting, but I suspect it won’t have the durability needed for a defensive gun. You’d think this would be a big market...
    Last edited by GJM; 10-05-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Clarify thread title
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Did I see a rumor that the RMSc was going to be available with an optional glass lens?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm tagging in because I would love to put a RDS on my S&W 9mm Shield.

The industry seems to be moving in that direction. Just slower than I would like.

I'm waiting on the same as well. I'm already all in on slide mounted red dots on my other pistols. Just need one for a narrow slide now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I'm tagging in because I would love to put a RDS on my S&W 9mm Shield.

The industry seems to be moving in that direction. Just slower than I would like.
    Probably not what you're looking for but I had Mark of L&M Precision cut my gen. 1 Shield for a DP 3-4 yrs. ago w/ zero issues since.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Probably not what you're looking for but I had Mark of L&M Precision cut my gen. 1 Shield for a DP 3-4 yrs. ago w/ zero issues since.
    Actually I'm intrigued. You wouldn't happen to have a photo of it posted here somewhere do you?
    I would imagine a Kydex holster without a sweat guard would accommodate that setup reasonably well.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Actually I'm intrigued. You wouldn't happen to have a photo of it posted here somewhere do you?
    I would imagine a Kydex holster without a sweat guard would accommodate that setup reasonably well.

Thanks for the info.
    PM me Jamie to set up direct comms. for an email & will also send a pic. of it in a JM holster I AIWB it in daily.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    PM me Jamie to set up direct comms. for an email & will also send a pic. of it in a JM holster I AIWB it in daily.
    Excellent! Thank you.

User Tag List