Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bless Their Hearts: NYC Makes Saying "Illegal Alien"...Wait For It...Illegal

Bless Their Hearts: NYC Makes Saying "Illegal Alien"...Wait For It...Illegal

Just when I thought that it would be virtually impossible to get any more vapid and idiotic...they prove me wrong.

NYC outlaws use of term 'illegal alien,' violators subject to $250K fine

NEW YORK CITY (WTHR) — It's against the law to use the term "illegal alien" in New York, according to NYC's Commission on Human Rights.

New guidelines state that the "use of the term “illegal alien,” among others, when used with intent to demean, humiliate, or harass a person, is illegal under the law.

The guidance also says that harassing or discriminating against someone for their use of another language or limited English proficiency and threatening to call ICE on a person based on a discriminatory motive, is also a violation of the law.

“We take immense pride in our city’s diversity and the immigrant communities that call New York City home,” said Deputy Mayor Phil Thompson. “This new legal enforcement guidance will help ensure that no New Yorker is discriminated against based on their immigration status or national origin. "

Other violations in the state in reference to the Commission guidance are:

Harassing a restaurant patron because of their accent
    Refusing repairs on a unit occupied by an immigrant family and threatening to call ICE if they complain
    Paying a lower wage or withholding wages to workers because of their immigration status
    Harassing a store customer by telling them to stop speaking their language and demanding they speak English
    "Today’s guidance makes abundantly clear that there is no room for discrimination in NYC," Carmelyn Malalis, the commission's chair and commissioner, said in a statement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Perhaps “NYC's Commission on Human Rights” should form a committee to review the First Amendment to the Constitution.
    Government restrictions on uttering certain words, and “being mean” certainly seems like overreach.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Perhaps “NYC's Commission on Human Rights” should form a committee to review the First Amendment to the Constitution.
    Government restrictions on uttering certain words, and “being mean” certainly seems like overreach.
    I'm sorry, Gyro, I'm going to have to report you for your obvious attitude problem. How dare you think that you know better than the NYC Human Rights Commission? The nerve!

/s

Site Supporter
    Another thought - do “Comissions” pass laws now? I thought that was the role of the legislative branches of government. Guess I need to take a civics class in NYC to figure out where I got this wild idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Another thought - do “Comissions” pass laws now? I thought that was the role of the legislative branches of government. Guess I need to take a civics class in NYC to figure out where I got this wild idea.
    With this clown at the helm, does it really surprise you?

Oh wait, is the term "clown" illegal?

Making it a crime to use a term from the US Code.

Excellent. America is obviously better off, now.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Odd how the words "Illegal Alien" can be illegal when it's the legal definition of not being here legally.

An illegal alien…is any alien (1) whose most recent entry into the United States was without inspection, or (2) whose most recent admission to the United States was as a nonimmigrant and—(A) whose period of authorized stay as a nonimmigrant expired, or (B) whose unlawful status was known to the Government, before the date of the commission of the crime for which the alien is convicted.
    —United States Code, Title 8, §1365(b)
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Sorry Comrade Billy....

They are illegal aliens, not "undocumented" or just "immigrants".

Maybe NYC cops will start monitoring Twitter the way police do in England.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I guess this illegal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Sorry Comrade Billy....

They are illegal aliens, not "undocumented" or just "immigrants".

Maybe NYC cops will start monitoring Twitter the way police do in England.
    Speaking of, have you ever seen the Chan trolls on the NZ and UK online thought police reporting system?

Epic.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List