Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The WA state background checks are starting to bog down

More bureaucracy for the other bureaucracy thats not working. We are never safe enough so we comply with laws that restrict our freedom promising that we’ll be safer. That's the government, taking away our freedoms for the social justice warriors and for buying votes.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Man View Post
    The east side of WA is like a whole other state. We have completely different lifestyles and world views. It is extremely frustrating to have Puget Sound run our entire state and control politics like this BS I-1639. We NEED to separate the State!
    Hey fun fact: you guys could outvote Pugent sound if you had decent GOTV numbers. All that's required to change the course of Washington is for King and Pierce counties to have their normal voter turnout, and the eastern part of Washington to have record voter turnout.

Site Supporter
    There's a lot of numbers on the west side -- King and Pierce are just part of it. Snohomish has almost as many votes as Pierce, and actually Pierce has some more conservative areas -- Pierce had a slightly higher percentage voting against 1639 than Snohomish. Snohomish had more voters than Spokane County (which actually voted for 1639 by a slim margin). Other areas like Whatcom and Jefferson are overwhelmingly blue.
    Here is a map of the 1639 results.

https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/..._ByCounty.html

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    There's a lot of numbers on the west side -- King and Pierce are just part of it. Snohomish has almost as many votes as Pierce, and actually Pierce has some more conservative areas -- Pierce had a slightly higher percentage voting against 1639 than Snohomish. Snohomish had more voters than Spokane County (which actually voted for 1639 by a slim margin). Other areas like Whatcom and Jefferson are overwhelmingly blue.
    Here is a map of the 1639 results.

https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/..._ByCounty.html
    You and I both know that just 3 families (plus Michael B) bought those slim margins.

https://bulletin.represent.us/americ...snt-democracy/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Every time I get to Seattle, I needle my colleague at the UW with my running impressions on the amount of human feces on the sidewalks around campus, dow-jones style. "Looks like we are down a few points on the sidewalk shit since last month... keep up the good work!"

Used to be just dog shit. Since people started getting tickets for not licensing and cleaning up their dog shit I don't see a lot of dog shit anymore. Maybe homeless people ought to be licensed and ticketed. Nope, just let them live on the street, feed them, give them clean needles and make drug use legal. Sounds like a plan that should work.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-06-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quick follow up. Had an informative chat with the owner of the LGS holding my G36–who has a lot of experience dealing with gun politic issues. The log jam is the state DSHS—which is the final stop for checks initiated by the local PDs and Sheriff’s depts. The deal, at least on this side of the state—is that the locals are getting things turned around pretty quick, but then checks go from all the various towns and counties to social and health in Olympia, and bog down. The prediction going into fall season is nightmare waits. The prediction, for a variety of reasons, is also for an even rougher year in WA legislation than the last two.

WA staters, get what you need/want in the hopper now.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Quick follow up. Had an informative chat with the owner of the LGS holding my G36–who has a lot of experience dealing with gun politic issues. The log jam is the state DSHS—which is the final stop for checks initiated by the local PDs and Sheriff’s depts. The deal, at least on this side of the state—is that the locals are getting things turned around pretty quick, but then checks go from all the various towns and counties to social and health in Olympia, and bog down. The prediction going into fall season is nightmare waits. The prediction, for a variety of reasons, is also for an even rougher year in WA legislation than the last two.

WA staters, get what you need/want in the hopper now.
    Huh.

It’s almost like it was planned that way.

:|

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    That's a feature, not a bug.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    This comment is probably right on the money

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

At this point, It’s most def over 4 weeks since I first plunked money down on this thing. The upside is that I can afford to watch this unfold with an academic interest, since I’m not devoid of previously owned Glocks, and I’m only into the 36 for 4 bills and change. But, man, I’d hate to be either a first-time buyer, or a Nighthawk/Wilson buyer.

I wonder if you can put property that you’ve paid for, but not taken possession of in your will? Might eventually be a concern, if this keeps up.

Aaaaaand... I got a call this morning, 10/19. Looks like I’m finally GTG. The range guy was quick to point out that "these background checks expire quickly, so picking it up soon would be good..."

Yeah, fortunately after waiting this long, I’m not in any mood for further dawdling. I can’t imagine the fun to be had if I was on the road in the summer, or some such, and couldn’t get down in time and had to go through the wait all over again.

User Tag List