Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The WA state background checks are starting to bog down

I ASSume there is already a lawsuit regarding these extensive wait times?

Three weeks is right there in the range of, "Time to start suing the state for violating 2nd Amendment Rights". We already have a Federally established maximum wait time related to NICS checks of three business days (up to 120-hours maximum) for "Delay".

You guys should live in New Jersey. A 6 week wait is kind of the norm for a new pistol permit, which is required for every purchase. Many local police departments take considerably longer. Some people "game" the system since you can apply for 3 permits at the same time. We must wait 30 days between purchases. So when you get your 3 permits you immediately pick up your first gun and then buy your next 2 at 30 day intervals, since a permit is only valid for 90 days. Unfortunately, Washington State still looks pretty good to me.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    You guys should live in New Jersey. A 6 week wait is kind of the norm for a new pistol permit, which is required for every purchase. Many local police departments take considerably longer. Some people "game" the system since you can apply for 3 permits at the same time. We must wait 30 days between purchases. So when you get your 3 permits you immediately pick up your first gun and then buy your next 2 at 30 day intervals, since a permit is only valid for 90 days. Unfortunately, Washington State still looks pretty good to me.
    A lot of people complain about WA but I don't see anyone leaving. Mostly they just keep moving here.

Must be the fabulous weather.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-06-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    A lot of people complain about WA but I don't see anyone leaving. Mostly they just keep moving here.

Must be the fabulous weather.

15 dollar min wage?
    #slackerheaven
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Actually the worst part about NJ is the arbitrary and capricious nature of everything to do with guns.

YOU may wait 6 weeks while I get the same permit from my little town PD 2 towns over in 6 days. Or we live in the same town and YOU wait 6 weeks and I get the permit in 2 days because I am a big campaign contributor to the mayor or the PD Chief is my wife’s cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    15 dollar min wage?
    #slackerheaven
    Amazon, Costco, Starbucks, Microsoft, Boeing?

Homeless everywhere you look. 12.5K last count in King County (Seattle) alone.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-06-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Amazon, Costco, Starbucks, Microsoft, Boeing?

Homeless everywhere you look. 12.5K last count in King County (Seattle) alone.
    Last time I was out there (we have family in the area) the homeless in the downtown area were a lot more plentiful than it had been a couple of years back. It was actually a big motivating factor in me getting my LEOSA credentials squared away, because the next time I visit I'm definitely going to want something stronger than the can of Fox I had in my pocket. My wife and I were walking on the pier area, which used to be one of my favorite places, and I watched a bum pull out a box cutter and go to town on another bum with it, at which point I decided we needed to be somewhere else.

The east side of WA is like a whole other state. We have completely different lifestyles and world views. It is extremely frustrating to have Puget Sound run our entire state and control politics like this BS I-1639. We NEED to separate the State!

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Last time I was out there (we have family in the area) the homeless in the downtown area were a lot more plentiful than it had been a couple of years back. It was actually a big motivating factor in me getting my LEOSA credentials squared away, because the next time I visit I'm definitely going to want something stronger than the can of Fox I had in my pocket. My wife and I were walking on the pier area, which used to be one of my favorite places, and I watched a bum pull out a box cutter and go to town on another bum with it, at which point I decided we needed to be somewhere else.
    Yep, seen a guy get cut up under the old viaduct when I lived in Seattle. Drug dealers hassled me in N Seattle once while visiting my in laws. The reason I got a permit to carry in 1990 when I lived on the east side. Had one ever since. My neighbor who was an aeronautical engineer at Boeing had one too. He was from NYC.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-06-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Last time I was out there (we have family in the area) the homeless in the downtown area were a lot more plentiful than it had been a couple of years back...
    Every time I get to Seattle, I needle my colleague at the UW with my running impressions on the amount of human feces on the sidewalks around campus, dow-jones style. "Looks like we are down a few points on the sidewalk shit since last month... keep up the good work!"

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List