Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SD 10/22s

Site Supporter
    If you already have one it's definitely better than throwing rocks. Everyone should own a rimfire of some sort IMO

Otherwise, get yourself a comped 9mm PCC with a red dot or a laser and feed it JHPs

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I have an M&P 15-22 set up sort of the same. Leopold 1.5-4 scope with a green dot plus a TRL-1 and three 25 round mags loaded with CCI's. It's more for 4 legged varmints that go bump in the night. Of course I also have a Glock and a Joe Biden shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Ruger’s 9mm PCC is like shooting a 9mm 10/22. No recoil, handles quick, really accurate, and feels like cheating with a red dot on it. A friend of mine put one together as a cheap PCC gun and it works really well so far. I’ll have to ask him but I think he’s probably around 1k round count. Im waiting to see how it holds up long term. I agree that a non-takedown model would be better.

I think it would be ideal as a home defense gun for someone that’s recoil sensitive.
    I have a takedown PCC with a red dot, and a bunch of mags that also fits in one of those copper basin covert packs for grab and go. I can literally dump 1/3rd a box of 9mms out of that thing in around 10 seconds. If that was all I had for HD, I'd probably be ok, considering the total payload-over-time calculus. It's no AR, but it's also one of the last rifles I'd sell.

Most def #oldmangun

JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My last homicide call-out was a legit self-defense case where an untrained shooter fired a 10/22 from the hip against a very bad dude with a knife. The first round was a single center-mass hit, with shooter asking “Are you done?” and knife guy responding with “You shot me, you pussy!” before advancing again. Second round was the same, and when knife guy advanced for a third time, shooter went cyclic and emptied the mag, scoring somewhere around 15 hits and dropping knife guy DRT.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Lighter weight, next to no recoil, ammo so cheap you could practice with one all day for $20 are my thoughts. It’s definitely not as good as a 9mm PCC when talking about terminal ballistics but it might be the only thing a very frail and physically weak person could operate properly. I remember you posting about shootings you investigated, saying that every .22 rifle shooting you responded to ended up being a homicide. I know that doesn’t mean that .22 LR is the world’s best fight stopper but it’s better than a larger gun that the person can’t operate.
    That's Chuck Haggard that has stated on numerous occasions that every shooting he investigated that involved a .22 RIFLE was a homicide investigation.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Whoa, let's keep reality out of this.
    Cost is a huge factor for a lot of folks. Most people don't do the "I'm A Dangerous Person" cosplay and prefer to spend their time and money on other things they find more important in their lives. With the actual lethality of a 22 rifle stoked with good ammo kept in mind it actually makes good sense. When you got people that have a lot of background in the training industry like Claude Werner and Chuck Haggard recommending a 22 rifle for home defense then the concept doesn't seem quite so far fetched.

I can send a lot of hate with my 10/22. It's accurate and reliable when I use good ammo. It's every bit as lethal as a PCC, maybe even more so given the velocity and penetrations boosts the better quality ammo gets versus a 9mm out of a carbine length barrel.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    That's Chuck Haggard that has stated on numerous occasions that every shooting he investigated that involved a .22 RIFLE was a homicide investigation.
    Glad to know I’m not crazy and someone experienced did say this. Thanks.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    It's every bit as lethal as a PCC, maybe even more so given the velocity and penetrations boosts the better quality ammo gets versus a 9mm out of a carbine length barrel.
    So now we're to the point it's actually the superior option vs a PCC? Everyone who was rocking an MP5 back in the day would have been better served with a rimfire? C'mon.

Like I said, it'll probably work. Most home invasion suspects aren't terribly dedicated and a starter pistol would probably rule the day. However that's not the same as "every bit as lethal".

I can't even say that about 5.56 or 7.62 shootings. Hell, we had a guy who was a bit on the "husky" side shot through the hand with a 7.62. When he got to the hospital he had 3 more through-and-through wounds to his belly (side to side, not front to back). He was so preoccupied with the new hole in his hand he didn't even notice the wounds to his belly. (Side note, my partner and I mentioned how his great amount of belly fat acted like organic body armor, but after some thought figured a thinner person would probably not have been hit). He was not "stopped" by four rounds of 7.62, although he was unable to effectively fight back as his attacker was in a vehicle.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So now we're to the point it's actually the superior option vs a PCC? Everyone who was rocking an MP5 back in the day would have been better served with a rimfire? C'mon.

Like I said, it'll probably work. Most home invasion suspects aren't terribly dedicated and a starter pistol would probably rule the day. However that's not the same as "every bit as lethal".

I can't even say that about 5.56 or 7.62 shootings. Hell, we had a guy who was a bit on the "husky" side shot through the hand with a 7.62. When he got to the hospital he had 3 more through-and-through wounds to his belly (side to side, not front to back). He was so preoccupied with the new hole in his hand he didn't even notice the wounds to his belly. (Side note, my partner and I mentioned how his great amount of belly fat acted like organic body armor, but after some thought figured a thinner person would probably not have been hit). He was not "stopped" by four rounds of 7.62, although he was unable to effectively fight back as his attacker was in a vehicle.

Ahh here we go. I’ll let you argue with Chuck if he’s so inclined to do so. That’s a nice touch using a select Fire European sub gun as your counter point for an argument as to why private citizens should use a PCC.
    Julius Caesar

Ahh here we go. I’ll let you argue with Chuck if he’s so inclined to do so. That’s a nice touch using a select Fire European sub gun as your counter point for an argument as to why private citizens should use a PCC.
    But BBI is spot on regardless of anecdotal experiences (no matter who shares them). And you don’t need a giggle switch on a PCC in 9/40/45/10. There’s no way I’d ever reach for a .22 anything over a PCC in a modern service caliber. The ballistic science doesn’t lie. Statistics however can.

User Tag List