Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: SD 10/22s

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Agree with BBI. I would probably start with a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm. Affordable, uses common pistol mags, uncomplicated manual of arms, and loads in the pistol grip allowing the home defender to lay it across furniture if need be. I’ve seen good reviews of Ruger’s 9mm PCC but I prefer Beretta to Ruger for just about everything.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/cx4-storm/

Is the Cx4 still in production?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    A Primary Arms advanced micro, or Holosun 407c/507c would probably be better for in home defense assuming the shooter can properly see the red dot. Both are inexpensive and should only require battery changes on an annual (or less) basis. (The 407c is on clearance at Optics planet for under $200 shipped.)
    For users with astigmatism, the dots can be less than ideal for longer shots on pests/predators... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Is the Cx4 still in production?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    For users with astigmatism, the dots can be less than ideal for longer shots on pests/predators... :-/
    There is that.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    I thought we were talking hallway distances in a home defense setting?

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I thought we were talking hallway distances in a home defense setting?
    Yup, but that’s the catch of rural areas. Rifle has to do double duty - bedside gun by night, and if something is going after the livestock be moderately effective in that role as well.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What's the advantage, other than cost, over any of a number of 9mm carbines?
    Don’t 9mm carbines typically run as blowback weapons and have more perceived recoil than 5.56?

Two things I see as an advantage to .22 vs 9mm carbines:

1. perceived recoil
    2. weight of the weapon.

Primary Arms Prismatic.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What's the advantage, other than cost, over any of a number of 9mm carbines?
    Good question. My wife refuses to shoot any long arm bigger than a .22 LR. Fortunately, she'll shoot a 9mm handgun. I've set up a dedicated suppressed AR in .22LR for her, but neither of us consider it a defensive weapon. That's what her 9mm handgun is for.

However, you've got me thinking I should check into a lightweight, soft recoiling 9mm carbine with a short LOP for her. Maybe I could get her to shoot one of those.

I've always felt that if I found myself in a situation where I only had a .22 to defend myself with, I'd do it and find a way to make it work. It's like my dad said about it- "It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    And this is why P-F is awesome. Thanks.

User Tag List