Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pricing on Stippled Glocks

Pricing on Stippled Glocks

I've hit a snag in life and need to offload a G34. Problem is, it was stippled by SSVI. Stippling wasn't cheap but most general gun owners don't know how much it costs or are willing to pay the bit extra to recoup the cost. I know I'm going to take a hit as it is a "used" gun with under 500 rounds through it. About $1200 was put into it so what is the going rate or how much of a ding should I expect to offload it? I've been told expect $800 for it all the way down to $600.

Sad but true

Even work from an extremely well respected plastic surgeon like Boresight solutions is hard sell.

No one wants custom the same way you wanted it

I would pay more for an un messed-with gun.

There’s no stippling job, professional or amateur, which I would put a premium price on over a stock Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I sold 2 complete gen 3 frames stippled by Cold Bore for $300 earlier this year. Was listed on the local site for a few days, but I price to move, vs. getting an extra 15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    I've been told expect $800 for it all the way down to $600.
    There’s a 34 in the classifieds that’s been stippled with the finger grooves removed that comes with an additional 17 slide and it’s been sitting there for under $700. I think that’s a great price and I would snag it if it were in the budget but I think it also shows how soft the market is for semi-custom Glocks.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

You're going to take a bath on it. I view stippling and other frame modifications as significantly diminishing the value of the pistol, and many others will feel the same. I would try to sell off a more stock gun from my armory instead, and keep the one I had customized to suit me.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Based on what I can tell, a professional stipple job doesn't add to the gun's value. Nobody really cares, is all.

New buyers don't know what they're looking at, and discerning buyers probably want something different. And if someone just doesn't like finger grooves, they're going to compare the price of your gun to a new Gen 5.

This is why I’m hesitant to just start stippling guns all willy nilly. A good stipple job ain’t cheap. Rarely will you get a return on your investment if you end up selling the stippled gun. Given this I wish polymer pistols accepted grip panels or more aluminum framed pistols were on the market. Or I wish polymer framed pistols were just way slicker so I can choose where and what kind of grip tape I can apply to it. I find skateboard tape awesome for open carry/competition type stuff. Rubber tape is good for concealment.

G10 grips seem to be about the best of both worlds, but you can’t put those on a polymer pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    G10 grips seem to be about the best of both worlds, but you can’t put those on a polymer pistol.
    It would be very interesting to me if someone started making aftermarket grip panel inserts for the VP9 and P30.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    It would be very interesting to me if someone started making aftermarket grip panel inserts for the VP9 and P30.
    The panel system on those pistols seems fairly simple. Might be interesting if someone with one of those pistols got a hold of LOK Grips and had some prototypes made.

User Tag List