Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What...the...

CWM11B
    He's retired (or got out after a few tours) SF from a way back. His school has been around a long time. I've driven by, but never planned on attending, as I've heard similar to what is in this thread. The spit thing is hilarious. No explanation given as to the why/when/how you get a shell in your mouth. Whatever. In addition to the aforementioned, he also needs to refresh on NC self defense law or STFU.

Name:  483702A0-17FB-4AF7-8F2A-CD06A1481231.jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  22.9 KB

You can’t post click bait like that and then tell us not to watch it. I watched the first few minutes and I’m dumber for having done so.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

CWM11B
    The bash 'em up drills did take me back to about 1983 and the RBFT course.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    No explanation given as to the why/when/how you get a shell in your mouth.
    RIGHT?

He plucks it out of the side saddle with his hand and puts it in his mouth. If the shell is in your fucking hand, keep it in your fucking hand.

If you click the "show more" below the video, you will see that you were warned. (Emphasis added)
    TWANGnBANG? Where is the tactical shooting school name generator when you need it?

TWANGnBANG
    435K subscribers
    This video is for educational purposes and discussion only. Do not attempt to imitate anything contained herein.

Visit Raidon Tactics for more information about their training: https://goo.gl/USJueT

The best way to keep up to date is to join my mailing list: http://twangnbang.net/signup/

I am active throughout the day on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TWANGnBANGdo...

Last edited by NEPAKevin; 10-04-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This guy was Army SF?
    And not just SF, but CIF, which are the gunslingers of SF. Direct Action is their meat'n'potatoes.

Something for everyone to consider:

From a military background, I'm not terribly surprised to see the use of real weapons instead of dummies in training like this. Can it be done better? Sure, I don't see any reason an open enrollment course needs to have people flagging each other, nor would I partake in such practices any longer. With that out of the way, clearing your weapon and doing buddy checks (line-outs) and then pointing them at each other is pretty standard in the military. I wouldn't look at him as if he's a complete retard like some of you guys are, even if there's a better way of doing things. I do think it behooves him to "get with the program" as things have advanced and there are good options available.

The weapon strikes were pretty basic techniques that are taught in the military...I don't necessarily see a problem with teaching them, particularly for a low capacity, slow-to-reload close quarters weapon. I'm slow to criticize what limited amount of UOF reference was in the video, as all we got was a snippet. It sounded like there may have been something incorrect (for instance, hitting a guy in the head with a hard object being a good idea if you can't articulate the need for lethal force), however the reason I'm hesitant is because he could have given a more in-depth spiel off camera and we're simply getting a bad idea of what he's actually teaching.

Keep in mind that @SouthNarc even has parts of his course strictly off-camera, specifically because of "mouth-breathing self-anointed experts on the internet" (something to that effect) that would likely misinterpret what is going on and criticize him for being unsafe. I'm not comparing Craig's curriculum and teaching methods to this guy, but I'm just reminding everyone that it's a very real concern of filming classes even when you're doing things/saying things that are sound.

The Monica Lewinski reload was a little weird, but whatever, it's just a weird gimmick and not patently unsafe. IDK.....maybe there were some SF dudes who had gone native and got hit while they were halfway through their visit at a whorehouse, and some Green Beret grabbed his shotgun in the days prior to side saddles and put a spare round in his mouth because he was naked and 1 reload is better than zero. Gimmicky to teach, sure.

In the end, I'm just not seeing this guy as anywhere in the same category as that Lucien Black guy, or those Omni-Corps looking dudes doing the "Tactical Riverdance" with kubotans and guns.

/mythoughts.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

CWM11B
    I dont think he's a retard, and I'm sure he's good at a bunch of stuff. His empty gun loads were pretty standard. The spit reload was stupid, period. On the UOF, his comment about breaking in and deadly force in NC was flat out wrong. Doesn't matter that it was only one sentence, or that he was a real deal SF gunfighter. Based on what I saw, my training dollars would go elsewhere. As always, folks are free to choose how and with whom they train.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Resumes don't always preclude derp.

Frank McRae is the former head of the US Army Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance Target Analysis and Exploitation Techniques Course (SFARTAETC) at Ft. Bragg N.C. He started his military career in the 1st Ranger Bn as an 11B infantryman. He served in the 1st Special Forces Group (ABN) Okinawa Japan, in Cco 1st Bn. 1st SFG(A) (C-1-1) where he was an assault team leader for F team,Troop 1 in the Combatant Commanders In-extremis Force (CIF) conducting operations in Operation Enduring Freedom, advising, training and standing up the Light Reaction Company of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP). He was then assigned as an Instructor to the SFARTAETC at the Special Warfare Center and School in Ft. Bragg NC, was promoted and became the NCOIC of the course and awarded for having the highest graduation rate for the course in its twenty year history. He also served as a Troop SGM Troop 1 and Team SGT ODA-354 in B co 2nd Bn 3rd SFG(A) CIF in IRAQ as an Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Force (ICTF) Company SGM advisor and combat leader on many missions in Iraq and also attended the Israeli Counter-Terrorism Course as an exchange instructor.
    Wow, I didn't even watch the whole video or look into who the instructor was. I have major respect for him and his ability to do accomplish all of that. Maybe the shell in the mouth reload is something so cutting edge that it hasn't been shared outside of the SF Community. Maybe in 20 years people into firearms training will be looking back and laughing at us for not willing to reload shotguns with a round from our mouth.

But to me, it looks problematic. As demonstrated, this is a reload that you conduct with an empty gun when you need to feed the chamber and get the gun back into action and seems like a much more awkward way to reload a shotgun that is more prone to having issues than reloading with your hand.

• It is much easier to drop the shell on the ground or not have it go into the loading port when doing it with your mouth rather than when doing it with your hand. The instructor even said that you will not get it 100%.
    • You could run the risk of hitting a bolt release mechanism with your hand or some other way while carrying out that reload and having the closing bolt smack you in the lips or catch your tongue.
    • Finally if it is done under dynamic circumstances you could accidentally bump the shell into your mouth with part of the shotgun while trying to load it. That is going to be a gagging showstopper until you reflexively spit it out, and will take you out of the fight until you straighten out this situation. This would be a very bad thing to happen if you are in a life and death situation where you have to get a round into your empty shotgun to stop an attacker.

Again, I greatly respect the instructor's service and accomplishments. It is far beyond anything that I have done or could have done. It would be like comparing a noble prize winning chemist to myself--someone who could not make it through high school chemistry.

However, in the case with the chamber reload technique from the mouth, I think that it is highly problematic method.ed. For all I know it may be a cutting edge SF technique and me not recognizing it makes me tactically clueless.
    Last edited by Ed L; 10-04-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Site Supporter
    Is he the same guy at the 2:20 mark (and thumbnail) in this video? I know the title says Delta, but it's youtube.

Last edited by TheNewbie; 10-04-2019 at 05:27 PM.

I didn't watch the video.

However, I did win a man vs man shotgun shootoff one time back in the late 1980's or early 90's using the spit reload. Two shooters, each with 5 Pepper Poppers to knock down. You could only load 4 rounds in your shotgun at the start. I surreptitiously placed my reload in my mouth and spit reloaded after knocking down the first 4 Poppers. Everybody else was going to their belt for their reload. I would probably get killed in the streets using that for real but I put the money in my pocket. LOL I was at the clubhouse after that and over heard 2 kids talking. One asked the other if his dad won the shotgun shoot. He said, Nope, some old guy beat him. I used to be pretty tricky with my 1100.

User Tag List