Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 43X vs 48

Did my first hundred rounds with the 43X today. The serrated trigger needs to go (did not play well with NATO 124gr) but I'm otherwise happy with it -- despite the small grip diameter I feel like I've got pretty good control over the gun under recoil and the sights snapped back onto target pretty easily when shooting at assessment speed. I turned in an 88 on a B8 at 20 yards using the stock sights, which I was pretty happy with given that I haven't shot an iron-sighted gun in four months. Next step is getting it milled.

Having shot both the G48 & 43X my perception is this, there is a slight sharper sensation with the 43X over the 48. Slight enough that unless you are focusing on it you might not tell a difference. You probably would if you shot them back to back but it’s not going to be dramatic. However, the G19 will handle softer than either one.

I shot the 43X at 25 yards and felt the pistol is capable as long as the shooter is. I know this holds true for any pistol but given the pistol’s size and sight radius I think a common misperception of such pistols is close and personal. Dialing in the sights with your carry load would make me feel similarly confident with the 43X as I am with larger pistols shooting at distance.

The 48 and 43X are easy guns to carry and considering their shooting characteristics are remarkable weapons. You can’t go wrong with either one but I own the 43X and not the 48.

43X vs 48

Ten rounds at fifteen yards shooting 115 grain Sellier & Bellot. My 43X is a fully stock pistol. Once I saw where the shots were printing I noticed a left bias on my rear sight.

Ten rounds at twenty-five yards.

Being a left-handed shooter I’ve never had an issue with shots landing towards the left side of the target. Well, until today. I hope better sights will help remedy this issue.
    Last edited by Navyguns; 10-16-2019 at 04:03 PM.

@GJM, JMCK 2.0 Wing doesn't work with the Agency Arms comp on the G43X. Griffin Armament does fine as it is significantly shorter than the AA's comp. If one wanted the beveled end could be opened up and the AA comp would then work though. As a side note I forgot just how comfortable the JM holsters are, I only wish I could get one with a hump on the trigger guard like the VELO does and ditch the wing.

Sent my 43X to L&M Precision yesterday for milling, hopefully it'll be back by the end of the year. In the mean time I'll need to get a holster and a fix for the serrated trigger.

Has anyone figured out the dimensions of the Ameriglo Bold sights that Glock is putting on the 43X/48? Ameriglo's website offers exactly zero help (in fact, there's not a single mention of the 48 to be found there), and Glock's website also doesn't list the 48 on any Ameriglo Bold listings.

I've got a pair of take-off G45 Ameriglo Bolds, but I'm hesitant to put them onto the 48 until I know for sure I'm going to have correct POA/POI.

I don’t know if this will answer your question fully but the bolds that came on my 48 from glock are marked H3 DK W20 front, and just H3 DK on the rear.
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 10-31-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    I don’t know if this will answer your question fully but the bolds that came on my 48 from glock are marked H3 DK W20 front, and just H3 DK on the rear.
    I think that’s a 0.200 front, which is what I ended up with on my 48 with a Hack rear. The “normal” 0.180 shot waaaay high.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Interesting. As a right-handed shooter I've never had an issue with shots landing toward the right side of the target... until my G43X/48. I think my big hands and the new grip size is resulting in a trigger finger "reach around" where my finger is pulling the gun vs the typical pushing it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    Being a left-handed shooter I’ve never had an issue with shots landing towards the left side of the target. Well, until today. I hope better sights will help remedy this issue.

User Tag List