Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 43X vs 48

It was hard for me to see your results but it appeared that the 48 shots where a bit higher? This is the same type of result I got from similar pair drills. The 43x is snappier but for me it would come back to zero very quickly and provided better hits but felt harder to control due to a little more recoil. I think that what seems to be surprising to many is the 48 “feels” like its slightly less recoil but the 43x appears to come back to zero quicker. My drills were 10 yards so my splits weren’t as quite as fast, they were high 20’s low 30’s. Shooting the 365 XL for me was even better results and not as much recoil but still came back to zero quicker. No way to tell without a dot but the recoil arch I would guess is less. At 10 yards I was able to consistently perform a bit better with the XL then either of my glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post

Since the Glock 43X and 48 are somewhat larger, they can accept some full size pistol sights without the sights seeming "too big" on top. We strongly recommend our MOS Standard Height Rear Sight (.250" net blade height) and a .250" tall front.

I have much respect for the folks at 10-8 Performance, but I am at a loss to understand the logic behind the bolded statement?

I'm glad the sights seem to be working for you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    It was hard for me to see your results but it appeared that the 48 shots where a bit higher? This is the same type of result I got from similar pair drills. The 43x is snappier but for me it would come back to zero very quickly and provided better hits but felt harder to control due to a little more recoil. I think that what seems to be surprising to many is the 48 “feels” like its slightly less recoil but the 43x appears to come back to zero quicker. My drills were 10 yards so my splits weren’t as quite as fast, they were high 20’s low 30’s. Shooting the 365 XL for me was even better results and not as much recoil but still came back to zero quicker. No way to tell without a dot but the recoil arch I would guess is less. At 10 yards I was able to consistently perform a bit better with the XL then either of my glocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Do you have any observations re how the tracked in recoil as your eyes read it?

I can’t say I’m surprised though ref our conversations about what I’ve seen.
    I really don’t have a theory to explain the results I got. I have been misled by “feel” enough times, that I pretty much look at the hits and time, and that is it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

End of the day, we went back to the range for some zeroing with optics, and I figured I would shoot the 43X on a B8 at 25.

First two five round groups were first shots fired this afternoon, with 115 Gold Dot JHP.

Name:  8694D0E7-F5FC-40CE-90E6-D747431846FC.jpeg
Views: 913
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  8E990672-D388-4389-82C5-B2ABB41B5C21.jpeg
Views: 907
Size:  33.1 KB

During the session, I had pretty good trigger control. This is a 150 Syntech group from a Glock with an optic. Not sure about the flyer.

Name:  A57B6A04-C647-4A65-970D-940ECFCCE170.jpeg
Views: 924
Size:  34.5 KB

I finished up with one last group out of the 43X at 25 with 147 HST. Seems like the X likes HST.

Name:  92A47935-0032-4D0A-9899-63E50D5AC708.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  46.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    YVK got a pre cut 43 slide from Brownell’s and returned it because it wasn’t reliable. I am very leery about non OEM Glock slides.

Thoughts about having a 43 vs 43X slide cut — as my 43 is just sitting around since getting the X?
    I'm waiting on a response from Bruce at Primary Machine. Supposedly they can mill their 1911/CZ RMR adapter onto a Glock 43 slide, so that's the route I'll be going.

I went 43X. To me, the 48 makes more sense as an iron sighted gun. As sight radius is irrelevant with an RDS, I chose the smaller overall package for my project.

I don't even own an RDS pistol, just throwing this out there- Suarez seems to have dots figured out and I know he's got them on the 43x/48 platform.

It pretty much blew 40 all day today, as a weather front came through. End of the day, my wife wanted to hit the range to test her CO pistol after some spring tweaking. I tagged along, but didn’t bring my game gun. Once we got there, I couldn’t resist shooting, and all I had was the 43X I was wearing.

I decided to establish a baseline of my current performance with the 43X. Must have been a year or more since I did a whole session with a little pistol. I started with 5/8 strings of Gabe’s test, since I could do that with two magazines. Then I did splits to an eight inch circle at 7 yards, followed by splits on an eight inch steel at ten yards. Next I did draws to a two inch dot at 7 yards, and finished up with draws to the eight inch at 20 yards. It was windy enough that the target was moving around.

And that video is why my 43X slide is headed to GJM and his 48 slide is headed to me....I simply don’t shoot that fast and at this stage in the game with my hand pain issues will take softer impulse over quicker impulse. I think I have figured out that because Shooting has become painful, I have developed a recoil anticipation tightening that I can usually work through with soft Guns like the PX4CC, but start getting sub conscience mental fear with snappy guns like the 43X. The 48 just strikes a good personal balance for me.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    And that video is why my 43X slide is headed to GJM and his 48 slide is headed to me....I simply don’t shoot that fast and at this stage in the game with my hand pain issues will take softer impulse over quicker impulse. I think I have figured out that because Shooting has become painful, I have developed a recoil anticipation tightening that I can usually work through with soft Guns like the PX4CC, but start getting sub conscience mental fear with snappy guns like the 43X. The 48 just strikes a good personal balance for me.
    Darryl, you should try some Federal Syntech 150 ammo, for range days when you shoot much. I wasn’t using it in this session, but in a lightweight polymer pistol, it is incredibly soft.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/federa...ican-eagle-syn

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I prefer the 43X but have also observed the 48 is noticeably softer in recoil. That is not important to me but it's worth noting.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List