Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 43X vs 48

Hey GJM was wondering if you had any insight on the difference between the single stack and double stack when it comes to slide length. From past drills with the double stacks, you are faster/accurate with the long slides vs the shorter slides and with the 48 and 43x it’s the opposite. Do you think it just comes down to recoil spring and how it affects slide motion in particular size guns or maybe how single stack vs double stack affect your grip differently.
    TJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TJG74 View Post
    Hey GJM was wondering if you had any insight on the difference between the single stack and double stack when it comes to slide length. From past drills with the double stacks, you are faster/accurate with the long slides vs the shorter slides and with the 48 and 43x it’s the opposite. Do you think it just comes down to recoil spring and how it affects slide motion in particular size guns or maybe how single stack vs double stack affect your grip differently.
    TJ

Good question, and the answer is I don’t know.

I do know the 43 is small in my hands, and harder for me to shoot, while the 43X/48 is closer to a 19 in feel and performance. I suspect ling vs short slide is individual model specific.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the reply GJM and thanks for all you do here, you are a great resource for the community

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I prefer the 43X but have also observed the 48 is noticeably softer in recoil. That is not important to me but it's worth noting.
    GJM and I just talked about this. When I first shot the 43X it reminded me of a gun I shot REALLY well back when I was shooting on a 50,000 round a year schedule and could grip the crap out of a pistol...my Glock 27 with a plus mag base. It simply returned the sights fast and I was never really waiting for them. Now, knowing it is going to hurt when I press the trigger, the soft shooting thin grip G48 works for me. I also think there may be a bonus to pressing the trigger on it with my pad rather than the first crease of my index finger. I am at a place where soft recoil is important.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I find kydex IWB/AIWB mag pouches for the 43X/48 to be somewhat uncomfortable and bulky, unlike the pistol itself which feels slim AIWB. Just bought some more Snake Eater Tactical soft IWB pouches. Anyone else using something slick?

Anyone put a Tyrant comp on a 43X?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I find kydex IWB/AIWB mag pouches for the 43X/48 to be somewhat uncomfortable and bulky, unlike the pistol itself which feels slim AIWB. Just bought some more Snake Eater Tactical soft IWB pouches. Anyone else using something slick?

I’ve been using Neomags for my 43X and P365s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I'm using the Snake Eater Tactical as well. I've been really happy with them. Not fun to practice with though. I will get some JM pouches soon. I've been playing with an Agency Arms comp and a Griffin Armament comp. With the Agency Arms comp there is a noticeable difference in recoil. I don't have enough data to feel like sharing is worth it now but the G43X with a comp is ridiculously fun. I will at some point drop a RDS on one of them. I imagine with a red dot the difference in recoil would be more readily apparent. I've also been playing with tape configurations to help with locking the slippery sucker in. This is the first gun I've actually ever really considered getting stippling done.

Anyone with experience with the Wilson Starburst grip mod?

Attachment 43559
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-11-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I'm using the Snake Eater Tactical as well. I've been really happy with them. Not fun to practice with though. I will get some JM pouches soon. I've been playing with an Agency Arms comp and a Griffin Armament comp. With the Agency Arms comp there is a noticeable difference in recoil. I don't have enough data to feel like sharing is worth it now but the G43X with a comp is ridiculously fun. I will at some point drop a RDS on one of them. I imagine with a red dot the difference in recoil would be more readily apparent.

Attachment 43559
    What barrel are you using, and will the X with a Comp fit in a 48 holster?

@GJM, with the Griffen Armament and the Agency Arms both will fit in a VELO, same goes with the G48, (I have a 43X model). I also have a JM AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 long coming soon. I can let you know when I get it.

ETA: I am using a Victory First barrel. Lugs are rough and show slight peening but that has stopped. I wish there was a factory threaded option. FWIW with my marksmanship abilities I cannot tell the difference between the Victory First barrel and the factory 43X barrel. I could however see a marked difference between it and the G43 barrel. I have had zero malfunctions with it in my G43's which are now gone and the two G43X's I've run it in. Total rounds through it are somewhere North of 2500.
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-11-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Subjectively, my 43X and 48 seem to shoot smaller groups than my Glock 43 pistols.

User Tag List