Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 43X vs 48

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Seems like there might be two tests — an overall test that includes a range of shooting tasks, and a second test that tries to tease out this “chaotic Glock 48 sight phenomena?” For the sight tracking, Gabe’s test might be good, but I would start from some ready position and take the draw out since they have the same grip, and those tests are so draw intensive, a bad grip on a particular evo could skew the data.
    +1 definitely agree. I did a lot of my own comparo's from Ready to remove that variable. Any of his 7 yard standards other than immediate incapacitation can be pushed hard enough to see what if any diff manifests, in my experience anyway. Just two to the 3x5 wasn't enough of a string for me.

The Test @Mike C used as a benchmark might be useful as well. I preferred the balls out 7 yard speed drills for this purpose.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hey, not trying to assign work to you guys, but it might also be very interesting to roll a G19 into the mix and see what, if anything, one might be giving up with a 43X/48.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Hey, not trying to assign work to you guys, but it might also be very interesting to roll a G19 into the mix and see what, if anything, one might be giving up with a 43X/48.
    I’ve got some of that posted in the range reports thread. Bottom line, next to nothing for me.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Little to nothing. Quantifiably. What is different is shooter and task dependent.
    Last edited by ST911; 10-07-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I’ve got some of that posted in the range reports thread. Bottom line, next to nothing for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Little to nothing. Quantifiably. What is different is shooter and task dependent.
    Hey isn’t there a thread about the X and 48 being EDC game-changers?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    +1 definitely agree. I did a lot of my own comparo's from Ready to remove that variable. Any of his 7 yard standards other than immediate incapacitation can be pushed hard enough to see what if any diff manifests, in my experience anyway. Just two to the 3x5 wasn't enough of a string for me.

The Test @Mike C used as a benchmark might be useful as well. I preferred the balls out 7 yard speed drills for this purpose.
    I also love Bills to B-8 at 7 for score as fast as I can go from the holster, but as you pointed out already low ready is a better starting point.

Hey isn’t there a thread about the X and 48 being EDC game-changers?
    Yes pretty good so far but what we need is comparative analysis thread with data from solid shooters such a yourself, JHC etc. with benchmarks between 19, 43X and 48. Not to get all goofy but I am also looking at a compensated variation of the 43X as well. I have been bench marking Comped 43X VS, stock vs 19.

Short answer, at my skill level fewer A's on fast drills at 7 yards but not a lot less, inside of 7 minutia. At 10 plus yards time to make solid hits. I think more than anything you're just giving up capacity for ability to more easily conceal the gun. I can run a 43X as well, (almost as well) as a 19 on Gabe's standards. I have to be more careful with the splits though and am just a hair slower on some drills but overall performance is the same.
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-07-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Some things I already know.

1) on high round count days the 19 is easier on your hands than the thinner 43X/48.

2) in ten round states, the 43X/48 is more reliable than a 19 with ten round magazines.

3) the 43X/48 carries smaller than a 19 for me.

4) the 19 can be OEM MOS, where you have to direct mill a 43X/48, with more limited optics choices.

5) a 19 G5 trigger has more roll, where a 43X/48 is a harder wall.

6) the 19 is easier to reload than a 43X/48.

7) the wider 19 grip is easier for me to draw than a 43X/48.

The Ameriglo Agent is .190 tall in front, curious as to why the 10-8 is so high?
    Might be some info here that you're looking for...
    http://www.10-8performance.com/glock-43-43x-48/

Since the Glock 43X and 48 are somewhat larger, they can accept some full size pistol sights without the sights seeming "too big" on top. We strongly recommend our MOS Standard Height Rear Sight (.250" net blade height) and a .250" tall front.

More info in the link above.

Subjective thoughts...
    I have only one range session (~100 rnds) using these sights. Overall impressions are positive.
    I'm one of those folks who ignores 'U' notch vs 'square'. I probably prefer square, but didn't find the 'U' objectionable on these.
    Overall I like these...again, YMMV.

-Rainman

I decided to start my range session today, with a 20 round test of the 43X followed by 20 rounds repeating the same things with the 48. American Eagle 115 for both pistols. The 48 has Ameriglo Agent sights and the 43X has Ameriglo Glock BOLD sights — so very similar. All the shooting was from an extended ready to remove draw and bad grip variation.

I shot the 43X first. Have been using the 48 lately, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Fired two shots at a one inch square from 7 yards, then 8 rounds of two shot splits at 7 yards to the eight inch circle. Then shot eight rounds of two shot splits to the 3x5 at 7 yards, finishing with two rounds to the one inch square at 7 yards. Here it is:

I then immediately repeated the same exercise with the Glock 48. Here it is:

I have to tell you that I was surprised by the results. Pretty much on every drill, I did better with the 43X, despite shooting the 43X cold, and my recent familiarity with the 48. The difference seemed significant enough that, even though I arrived wearing the 48, after finishing my range session I went home wearing the 43X.

I decided to start my range session today, with a 20 round test of the 43X followed by 20 rounds repeating the same things with the 48. American Eagle 115 for both pistols. The 48 has Ameriglo Agent sights and the 43X has Ameriglo Glock BOLD sights — so very similar. All the shooting was from an extended ready to remove draw and bad grip variation.

I shot the 43X first. Have been using the 48 lately, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Fired two shots at a one inch square from 7 yards, then 8 rounds of two shot splits at 7 yards to the eight inch circle. Then shot eight rounds of two shot splits to the 3x5 at 7 yards, finishing with two rounds to the one inch square at 7 yards. Here it is:

I then immediately repeated the same exercise with the Glock 48. Here it is:

I have to tell you that I was surprised by the results. Pretty much on every drill, I did better with the 43X, despite shooting the 43X cold, and my recent familiarity with the 48. The difference seemed significant enough that, even though I arrived wearing the 48, after finishing my range session I went home wearing the 43X.
    Do you have any observations re how the tracked in recoil as your eyes read it?

I can’t say I’m surprised though ref our conversations about what I’ve seen.

User Tag List