Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 43X vs 48

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    YVK got a pre cut 43 slide from Brownell’s and returned it because it wasn’t reliable. I am very leery about non OEM Glock slides.

Thoughts about having a 43 vs 43X slide cut — as my 43 is just sitting around since getting the X?
    Oh yeah. How about you strap it to the host 43X frame and run it a bit so there's no surprises after it's cut. My 43 has the best trigger out of the 3 of it and two 43Xs. I think most of that is coming out of the "upper" (connector, trigger bar etc). I'm going to try that out. Why that didn't occur to me before IDK.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Why bother cutting a 43 when it's obvious you like the 43x better? With you its only a matter of time before you cut the 43x and 48 so just start with the 43x.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Why bother cutting a 43 when it's obvious you like the 43x better? With you its only a matter of time before you cut the 43x and 48 so just start with the 43x.

What I mostly like about the 43X is the PVD finish, and that will go away when the slide is milled and refinished. The forward serrations and possibility of more accuracy are small pluses on the X, but I am not sure if it worth the cost of a new gun nice.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What I mostly like about the 43X is the PVD finish, and that will go away when the slide is milled and refinished. The forward serrations and possibility of more accuracy are small pluses on the X, but I am not sure if it worth the cost of a new gun nice.
    Fair point, I do wish I had the 19x pvd finish on all my glocks.

Cut the 43 and slap it on the 43x frame (they are compatible arent they?). Though with a red dot arent you going to use that to rack the gun anyway? I dont do much with the slide in front of my SRO now, its all rear serrations or the optic itself.

EDIT: L&M Precision only ceracotes the milled surface so you might get the best of both worlds and keep the pvd.

Last edited by Grey; 10-04-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Fair point, I do wish I had the 19x pvd finish on all my glocks.

Cut the 43 and slap it on the 43x frame (they are compatible arent they?). Though with a red dot arent you going to use that to rack the gun anyway? I dont do much with the slide in front of my SRO now, its all rear serrations or the optic itself.

With a pistol as small as a 43/X, I am very cautious about racking the slide from in front of the optic because of how easy it is to get in front of the muzzle. Using the optic is nice, but I am cautious if the optic has controls on the side like the Acro, SRO or Romeo 3 Max, as I have changed dot intensity accidentally. Sling-shoting the slide at the base of the optic works for me with a variety of pistols and optics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The PVD finish is absolutely great in terms of wear but I will agree with many in the other thread about heat buildup slides get freaking hot, don't think this is an issue but wouldn't want to lose the PVD corrosion protection unless I was really gaining something in return. Personally I have worn through the finish on a G43, no rust ever showed up but considering all things I would be less hesitant to cut up a G43. On the flip side @GJM I am not as accurate as you or some of the other members here at 25 plus but even I can tell a considerable difference between the G43, the G43 with an aftermarket barrel and the G43X. Considering the level to which you shoot I don't think you would be able to ring the same level of accuracy out of a G43 slide unless you dropped in a match barrel. If that is not a remote concern then I'd say do the 43 slide. If this is, then do the G43X. For me I want as much accuracy as possible with them because I've essentially settled on 3 43X's and 1 G48.

@YVK, I too was looking hard at the Brownells slide but was concerned about reliability. Would you be willing to share your experiences and would you be willing to try another one from someone else? I was thinking this would be better than carving up a G43X. @GJM thank you for mentioning this. Hopefully Glock will come up with or release a railed MOS version.

@Mike C

First four magazines, each one with one failure to feed, 4 malfunctions/40 rounds, and that was the end of it. No issues with that OEM 43 slide on 43 or 48 frame, or that 48 frame with both 43 and 48 slides, before or after. I am sticking with factory Glock slides.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I also find the 48 to be more comfortable and stable carried AIWB.
    Is this utilizing the same holster?

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Is this utilizing the same holster?
    Not BigT but using a Tenicor Velo there is a difference but it is barely noticeable because of the wedge and cantilever from the speed bump on the trigger guard when I wear the G48 vs the G43X. All in all they are both really stable, I imagine there could be more of a difference if one were to carry one of the Shield Arms S15 mags with 15 rounds in the grip but holster selection could mitigate a lot of issues. There might be a little more outward roll with a heavier grip but all stock I wouldn't say there is enough of a difference to have concern over. If you're running a quality holster from DSG, JM, Tenicore, CCC, V Dev group or the like don't sweat it.

Site Supporter
    I'm planning the same with a 43X. Currently have a 48 but will leave that with irons. Going to go with either the RMSc or RomeoZero.

User Tag List