Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 43X vs 48

I went with the 43x. I love everything about the gun except for one thing. I get the worst slide bite with it, like blood splatter on my face and glasses bad. It doesn't appear to be much of an issue for other people out there. After many internet searches I'm unable to find an aftermarket beavertail. The narrow width of the frame allows my right thumb knuckle to roll around and up the side of the beavertail that comes on the gun, it's just too narrow. No matter how I grip the 43x I get cut over and over again. Anyway, make sure the gun fits your hand before you buy.

My experience between the 43x and 48 makes me think the 43x would be a better dot platform. Sights are easier for me to track in the 43x. The 48 is way less predictable for me.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I have both a 43 and a 48. I’m seriously considering picking up one of the Brownells RDS cut slides for the 43, and I’ve played with the 43 slide on the 48 frame to create my own 43x. I’m just not completely sold on the RMSc and would like a few more small RDS options for a slimline 9 before I jump, or at least that’s my thinking as of this moment - I’m curious to see how the SIG Romeo0 works out.

I do think a 43 or 43x with a low profile RDS would be my near perfect everyday carry, my eyes are really appreciating the dot on my 19MOS.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Interestingly, at the Gunsite Alumni shoot yesterday, they had a side match where you could win a Glock 48, 1911, Colt Cobra, Ruger LCP or M&P 2.0 by shooting the fastest time on a plate rack. The plate rack was about 12 yards, and had two eight inch plates, two stars and two smaller pieces of steel. I picked the 48 to shoot, and on my first run put down the fastest time of the day for the 48, and I think every handgun there. This morning when I looked at my new black G48, I see the rear plastic sight was left in the dovetail, so some luck must have played into things.

What sights for the Glock 48 — I would like Bold sights sized for the smaller pistols, but am not seeing them listed on Glock’s website? Same height front as a 43X or different? This pistol will get sent for a RMSc cut after I get the sights on and regulated.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interestingly, at the Gunsite Alumni shoot yesterday, they had a side match where you could win a Glock 48, 1911, Colt Cobra, Ruger LCP or M&P 2.0 by shooting the fastest time on a plate rack. The plate rack was about 12 yards, and had two eight inch plates, two stars and two smaller pieces of steel. I picked the 48 to shoot, and on my first run put down the fastest time of the day for the 48, and I think every handgun there. This morning when I looked at my new black G48, I see the rear plastic sight was left in the dovetail, so some luck must have played into things.

What sights for the Glock 48 — I would like Bold sights sized for the smaller pistols, but am not seeing them listed on Glock’s website? Same height front as a 43X or different? This pistol will get sent for a RMSc cut after I get the sights on and regulated.
    I have the Ameriglo Hackathorns on my 43X black. They are sized for the 43/48 and shoot to tip of front sight with 124 NATO and 124+p HST.

Just installed these 10-8 Performance sights on my G48...
    Glock Front Sight (all styles), (Glock Front Sight : .250h x .125w Orange Night/Day), SKU: 0502-250-60

Glock MOS Rear Sight, Standard Height (Notch Width: .140"), SKU: 0501-325-140

The above shoot pretty much POI = POA with Federal HST 147gr.

Interesting that my G48 also came with rear sight sitting left in the dovetail. I installed the 10-8 sights similarly, and the guns still shoots to POA. YMMV.

-Rainman

Check out 10-8. They have a bold front sight. And they have a rear they were recommending for the 48 that is also their MOS option rear. Could come in handy some day
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hammertime
    I want to put a red dot, probably a RMSc, on a slim line Glock.

I have had multiple people I respect, tell me they greatly prefer the 43X, and an equal number tell me they shoot the 48 better. I have, at various times, believed I shot both the 48 and 43X better. Anyone have data to help resolve this?
    I don’t see why you can’t extrapolate your data from the G34, 17, 19 length guns to the slim line guns. You shot the G34 better In Matches despite the perception you shot the other slides better.

So generally longer = better performing objectively.

Site Supporter
    A possible reason for their being less chaos in the 43x sights than in the 48x sights is the phenomenon seen when using handguns with shorter sight radii. The same would be noticed when comparing drills shot with a 3 inch J frame vs a 2 inch J frame. Even if the 3 inch barrel did not wiggle more than the other, shooter perception tells him it did as he views the sights in each case. It is this difference in perception that allows the bullseye shooter to aim more precisely. In field shooting longer barrels greatly aid accuracy. This statement becomes apparent for those shooting at distant targets. It is also noticeable when attempting to hit small targets at closer ranges.

User Tag List