Thread: Polymer/Aluminum-Frame S&W M&P Bodyguard

Site Supporter

Polymer/Aluminum-Frame S&W M&P Bodyguard

The S&W website description is here. Does anyone have hands-on experience with this model? I'm looking for a snubby, but... #don'twannabeabetatester

Site Supporter
    If I'm going to own an ugly revolver made with unusual materials, I'd just get an LCR.

Chris

oops. Wrong post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lon; 10-04-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    oops. Wrong post.
    That’s gotta be a Florida Man!
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I only have about 500 rnds through mine. So far so good. Shoots to point of aim 10-15 yards. Not painful. Wish factory would offer a grip that fills in behind trigger guard like a T grip! Paid 250.00 new at local show! Can’t beat it for money.

I say go for it.

Dave

I don't think it's not going to provide adequate build quality, reliability, or accuracy to be a suitable defensive option, but I will proffer the following:

(1) the manual of arms was different enough that several buyers at our shop later traded them in on various 4XX/6XX models; and

(2) should you determine that particular model is not for you, it typically doesn't hold its resale value as well as the 4XX/6XX models.

If you have a lot of experience Smiths/Rugers/Colts with left-side panel cylinder releases, the cylinder release may take bit to get used to.

I think it's in a perfect location for a person that prefers carrying a reload on their off side, though.

User Tag List