Thread: RFI: Boise ID Trainer "Combat Absolute"

RFI: Boise ID Trainer "Combat Absolute"

Anyone heard of Kyle Gentry or his new company "Combat Absolute"?

He recently started advertising on another forum but no one has said anything. He's local, so that's a plus.

Here's what he posted on the other forum:

COMBAT ABSOLUTE
    https://www.combatabsolute.com
    CombatAbsoluteLLC@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Combat-Abso...03569234360521

Kyle Gentry is the owner and lead instructor for Combat Absolute, based out of Boise, Idaho. Kyle was a LEO for 17 years in California, and was the lead firearm instructor for his agency. He was a SWAT operator, SWAT sniper, the SWAT Rangemaster and lead sniper instructor. Kyle was able to train with many of the country's top tier trainers, as well as some of the most respected SWAT teams. He previously worked for several privately owned companies as a firearm instructor.

After retiring from law enforcement, and relocating to Idaho, starting a firearm training company was the next logical evolution. With that, Combat Absolute came to be.

Combat Absolute offers:
    • Basic, intermediate and advanced pistol & carbine courses
    • Low-light pistol & carbine courses
    • Privately requested training
    • Website updated frequently with additional open enrollment courses

***Combat Absolute can arrange to bring training courses to other locations (such as Law Enforcement agency requests) at your hosting facility.

[I]Stay safe, but stay dangerous.
    -Kyle Gentry, Owner of Combat Absolute LLC-
    in the Idaho specific thread he posted:

Kyle Gentry, from Ada County here. If anyone wants local training, or knows of people who do, I run a Boise based firearm training company. Combat Absolute is a new company, but I have been in the industry for a long time. I spent most of my career in the training business. We are running introductory pricing for the remainder of 2019. My bio/certifications, company info, and courses are all available at https://www.combatabsolute.com

We run courses at a private range, with a 100 yard bay, 50 yard bay, 25 yard bay, etc etc. No hour/time restrictions, so we have a low-light pistol course posted, with an upcoming low-light carbine.

Regardless, glad there are some other gents in Idaho on this forum. Keep up the 2A fight.

Take care,
    Kyle
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Checked out his web site and bio. Appears no nonsense and professionally rendered.

$110 for 8 hours of Pistol 2.0 is a good deal, assuming the training is effective. The syllabus appears reasonable and what you’d expect.

Good guy

I worked with Kyle for 14 years, and his Bio is absolutely correct. I am the current tactical Commander for our regional SWAT team, and I was assigned as the sniper team leader when Kyle came onboard. We really miss his training curriculum both at the SWAT and department levels. He is a professional with a great sense of humor and is constantly developing himself, researching and modernizing.

If he hadn’t relocated to Idaho, he would still be instructing us.

User Tag List