Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard Jewell film

Richard Jewell film

Talk about being treated unjustly. I'm glad that Eastwood is doing this film. The always superb Marie Brenner covered this here.

#RESIST

Preview looks great. Definitely going to see it. I wonder how many people know who Richard Jewell was, let alone that he was exonerated.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I think I’ll pass. I remember that they tried hard to frame Jewell.

Does anyone need another reason to dislike the FBI?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I think I’ll pass. I remember that they tried hard to frame Jewell.

Does anyone need another reason to dislike the FBI?
    Yep...

...I can't help thinking about the arrest of Eric Rudolph...

Rudolph was arrested in Murphy, North Carolina, on May 31, 2003, by rookie police officer Jeffrey Scott Postell of the Murphy Police Department while Rudolph was looking through a dumpster behind a Save-A-Lot store at about 4 a.m.; Postell, on routine patrol, had initially suspected a burglary in progress.[17]
    ...and the FBI agent who took credit for his capture all over the news. (Who, back in Miami, tried to steal one of my cases and put my fellow task force agents and an ongoing operation at risk by approaching our informant without contacting us. After a major donnybrook held with his brass and my own, they decided it was in their interest to fish in different waters. At least they got that right.)
    Last edited by blues; 10-03-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yep...

...I can't help thinking about the arrest of Eric Rudolph...

...and the FBI agent who took credit for his capture all over the news. (Who, back in Miami, tried to steal one of my cases and put my fellow task force agents and an ongoing operation at risk by approaching our informant without contacting us. After a major donnybrook held with his brass and my own, they decided it was in their interest to fish in different waters. At least they got that right.)
    I did not know that story!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I did not know that story!
    It was the only time I came up against what is a commonly heard complaint / prejudice against the bureau. In the end it worked out. The subject of our investigation was arrested and sentenced to 40 years or so for smuggling narcotics from South America to the U.S. (Funny story: He actually lived in a condo on my block. We lived on opposite ends of the street, (literally and figuratively), and the only reason I knew was because one Friday night I tailed the guy home by myself from the Everglades. Blew my mind. He died in prison from what I recall.)

It's like the old joke about when the FBI joins the search for an escaped felon.

State and locals are out scouring the area, bloodhounds are tracking and the FBI agent assigned lets loose a big yawn and lays down under a tree.

Finally the dogs tree the bad guy, the state and locals put him in cuffs and...

...the FBI agent gets up, screws the dogs in the butt and holds a press conference.

(My apologies to my friends here with the bureau. It's all in good fun. Lord knows what you guys said about the rest of us when we weren't within ear shot.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Richard dropped by my academy class during range week. He was an alum of the same academy. This was in ‘99.

One guy kept making veiled bomb jokes, and finally Richard dared the guy to go touch his (Richard’s) car.

When the guy finally did so sheepishly, Richard said:

“I bet that’s the only car you’ve ever touched that Tom Brokaw bought.”

It was a gold letter edition 4Runner.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I go years without going to a movie theater but I’m going to buy a ticket for that.

I’ll consider it a middle finger to our worthless media.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Clint makes some powerful movies. His point of view as a director in Hollywood is a lone voice in the desert, literally and figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Richard dropped by my academy class during range week. He was an alum of the same academy. This was in ‘99.

One guy kept making veiled bomb jokes, and finally Richard dared the guy to go touch his (Richard’s) car.

When the guy finally did so sheepishly, Richard said:

“I bet that’s the only car you’ve ever touched that Tom Brokaw bought.”

It was a gold letter edition 4Runner.
    That story just made my day.

User Tag List