Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Sub-Compact

Site Supporter

S&W M&P 2.0 Sub-Compact

https://www.juliegolob.com/smith-wes...compact-pistol

Smith & Wesson Inc. announced today that it has introduced the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol to its M&P M2.0 pistol series. The latest addition to the M2.0 family, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol features a smaller, subcompact frame that’s ideal for concealed carry. With a 12+1 round capacity in 9mm, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol series includes the full array of M&P M2.0 enhancements. Available in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 Auto, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact joins the existing Full Size and Compact pistol options that are available in the M2.0 line.
    It looks like the 2.0 version of the old 1.0 Compact is now the 2.0 Sub Compact.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-02-2019 at 07:24 PM.

So is the M&P 2.0 Subcompact basically a 1.0 Compact? Or is this a smaller profile like the P365 and I just can't tell from the photos?

ETA: I see you edited at the same time I posted reflecting the same thoughts I had.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-02-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Many people have been waiting on this. It is not P365 size, it is the old compact now a 2.0 and called sub-compact.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    So is the M&P 2.0 or a 1.0 Compact? Or is this a smaller profile like the P365 and I just can't tell from the photos?

ETA: I see you edited at the same time I posted reflecting the same thoughts I had.
    Based on the photos, 12 round mag in 9mm and the fact it is also availible in 40 and 45 it is the 2.0 version of the old G26/27 sized compact.

Gotta keep up with Canik - http://soldiersystems.net/2019/10/02...edium=facebook
    Last edited by HCM; 10-02-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Based on the photos, 12 round mag in 9mm and the fact it is also availible in 40 and 45 it is the 2.0 version of the old G26/27 sized compact.

Gotta keep up with Canik - http://soldiersystems.net/2019/10/02...edium=facebook
    That looks a lot like the FN FNS-9C

I have the 9mm Compact 1.0, with a 3.5 inch barrel. When I bought it, there were no 2.0s to be had with the 3.5 in. barrel. It's kind of strange though, the M&P 2.0s have been out for a couple of years, but my 1.0 Compact has a date code of 030219. If I'm reading this right, it tells me that my 1.0 Compact was made this year. Like I said... strange.

Well, that 8 round 45 is very tempting. Might keep my 1911 money in my wallet for a while...

So it's basically a Glock 26 competitor? Cool.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    So it's basically a Glock 26 competitor? Cool.
    Available with a useable thumb safety, unlike the Shield. I really like my P99C, but this gun has my attention.

Site Supporter
    I have long been a fan of the 1.0 compacts, though realizing in 9 and .40 they were pushing into the subcompact category. For me the ergonomics were better with the Smiths than with the G26, which I wanted so much to like and shoot well. I am glad to see Smith continue these in the 2.0 line.

I am also glad to see the .45 Compact return in 2.0. I have always felt the .45 M&Ps to be the best of the bunch accuracy wise, and the 45c is easily my favorite carry .45, even over the G30s, primarily due to the fact I can get a full firing grip without needing the mag extension.
    Polite Professional

User Tag List