Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith M2.0 Subcompact

Smith M2.0 Subcompact

I got an email from S&W today about these. Many have wondered when S&W would release subcompact versions of the 2.0 M&P family. It looks like the wait is over.

Smith & Wesson Inc. announced today that it has introduced the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol to its M&P M2.0 pistol series. The latest addition to the M2.0 family, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol features a smaller, subcompact frame that’s ideal for concealed carry. With a 12+1 round capacity in 9mm, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol series includes the full array of M&P M2.0 enhancements. Available in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 Auto, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact joins the existing Full Size and Compact pistol options that are available in the M2.0 line.

Jan Mladek, General Manager of Smith & Wesson and M&P brands, said, “As the M&P M2.0 pistol series has continued to expand, we have worked to introduce pistols that fit a variety of different needs: from professional use, to recreational shooting, to home defense, to concealed carry. The M&P M2.0 Subcompact is designed for every day carry – its shorter frame makes it more concealable while still maintaining a higher double-stack magazine capacity. One constant across the M&P M2.0 series – whether it’s a Full Size, Compact, or Subcompact pistol – is the legendary reliability and shootability of the M&P pistol.”

The M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistols ship with two magazines, including two magazine extender sleeves for use with M2.0 full-size and compact magazines, as well as a limited warranty and lifetime service policy. The new M&P M2.0 Subcompact is available with or without an ambidextrous thumb safety and is chambered in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 Auto, with an MSRP starting at $569.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-02-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Explains why they’ve been advertising the m&p 9c’s heavily everywhere.

Trying to get a sense of size here. A friend that has a 2.0 Compact as his primary has been looking for something considerably smaller.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Trying to get a sense of size here. A friend that has a 2.0 Compact as his primary has been looking for something considerably smaller.
    Looks to be the same as the 1.0 M&P9C. So... slightly larger than a G26?

I knew the moment I finally caved and bought the gen 1 45c this would happen.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Looks to be the same as the 1.0 M&P9C. So... slightly larger than a G26?
    I hope its between the 26 and 19. I also hope that flat magazine base plates will be available.
    I normally wait until the hoopla dies down and pick one up on a local forum used. This may have me buying a new gun.
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 10-02-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I hope its between the 26 and 19. I also hope that flat magazine base plates will be available.
    Should be. Should also come with both baseplates.

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
    I knew the moment I finally caved and bought the gen 1 45c this would happen.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have really wondered about a 2.0 45C. My 1.0 has been a solid handgun. 1911 mag capacity in a G19 package. Good combo!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anyone have hands on?

I had the 1.0 c. It is exactly in between the g26 and g19.

I believe it is 12 round with flush or finger extension mag.

User Tag List