Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HST Survival Story

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Back in the early 80's when I was working UC involving the mob and outlaw motorcycle gangs, I had occasion to listen to a recording made by another UC who was violently attacked with a knife by a party he was investigating.

While he was being stabbed repeatedly he was holding a conversation with the perpetrator...and speaking of himself in the past tense. "I can't believe you killed me" and related statements. To say it was hair raising and harrowing is an understatement. (He survived, as I recall.)

It was very difficult to sit through but left a huge impression. I listened to hours of such UC tapes back then. I can't remember now if my agency or FLETC was the custodian. Regardless, not for the faint of heart.

I tried to be an affable UC for the most part, but also one leaving the impression that I'd crawl through your window and dispatch your family if you threatened me. It's a fine line.

blues, most of the time, we read your posts and laugh. Every now and then, you get real - this ^^^^ is one of those times. Maybe it's because it began with stabbing (something I've always had BIG problems with) but I don't think so. No, this post has more of that special ingredient called reality that only someone who has been there/done that could provide. I honestly want to say thanks and click the "LIKE" button....but. Hope you can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    blues, most of the time, we read your posts and laugh. Every now and then, you get real - this ^^^^ is one of those times. Maybe it's because it began with stabbing (something I've always had BIG problems with) but I don't think so. No, this post has more of that special ingredient called reality that only someone who has been there/done that could provide. I honestly want to say thanks and click the "LIKE" button....but. Hope you can understand.
    Thanks, my friend. The difference is that though I voluntarily put myself in (potential) harm's way, in the end I never had to fight for my life to get out of it. Usually the gift of gab, threat or being prepared beforehand carried the day. Skirmishes along the way, sure, some very unsettling episodes, yep, but not the same as those who have truly been there, done that, and lived to tell the tale after nearly paying the ultimate price. I'd like to think I'd have measured up, but one never really knows.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List