Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPM or other recoil reduction system

DPM or other recoil reduction system

I'm thinking about using DPM recoil reduction system on Walther Q5 Match (not SF). So, I have 2 questions:

- Does it actually reduce the recoil?

- What are competing systems that do the same thing?

I wouldn’t bother. No one I know who has tried those type of things is still using them.

Also I don’t like the way they change the timing of the recoil cycle.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I got a better one for you...

I got an original Walther Tungsten Guide-rod in my PPQ, and the only thing it reduced is $140 from my pocket.

Practice how to grip the gun right, it will have a much better effect on your recoil reduction control.

But hey if you got money to spend why not go for it...

Simong.

Reminds me of the USP's recoil assembly w/ a buffer spring and a recoil spring. But they got a third spring inside too? I wonder if it increases longevity, reduces felt recoil in the hand, or makes the recoil figure-8 instead of up 'n down

Site Supporter
    I had considered one of these for my p245–for which recoil springs are no longer made, I hear.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I'm thinking about using DPM recoil reduction system on Walther Q5 Match (not SF). So, I have 2 questions:

- Does it actually reduce the recoil?

- What are competing systems that do the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I wouldn’t bother. No one I know who has tried those type of things is still using them.

Also I don’t like the way they change the timing of the recoil cycle.
    I agree they are a gimmick.

If you want to try something like this have you looked at Sprinco ? They are based in Austin.

https://www.sprinco.com/recoil.html

How about this: buy a series of spring weights from Wolff or other vendor and experiment with how they work for you.

You can learn a lot by doing this. As well, your technique and skill will affect which spring weight works best.

I used to prefer springs on the lighter side but now run fairly heavy ones.

Can you please elaborate to why?

I did change the trigger and springs on my PPQ with Apex trigger and 2 Sprinco springs, I'm very happy with the outcome.

Now in regard to the heavier Tungsten or SS Rod I personally see 0 change in recoil reduction with it, for front heavy gun I have the Olight PL Mini-2.

Simong.

DPM or other recoil reduction system

This USPSA season I did a deep dive into recoil management, and trying to reduce the amount of time I need to invest in aiming/confirming. I discovered that a 10-11# spring felt “softer” but resulted in more sight lift and took longer to return. With a 14# spring, I’ve been shooting 0.14-0.15 splits, and have a very predictable and tight sight cycle. (This is with Shadow2s). The heavy springs require more control of the dip following slide return though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Can you please elaborate to why?

I did change the trigger and springs on my PPQ with Apex trigger and 2 Sprinco springs, I'm very happy with the outcome.

Now in regard to the heavier Tungsten or SS Rod I personally see 0 change in recoil reduction with it, for front heavy gun I have the Olight PL Mini-2.

Simong.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-04-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Site Supporter
    How about this: buy a series of spring weights from Wolff or other vendor and experiment with how they work for you.

You can learn a lot by doing this. As well, your technique and skill will affect which spring weight works best.

I've not quite done the exact same, but I found that going from a 16lb recoil spring to an 18lb recoil spring in my .45 caliber 1911 was profoundly better for my splits/speed, in spite of a lot of shooters preferring to run a lighter spring.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List