Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Build up a Pistol's Grip?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I had this problem with my 365. I eventually just gave up and went back to my Glock 43 or J frame
    I'm the opposite. I can consider a 365 XL, but the 48 grip needs some real work to be viable for me. The 15 round mags (if proven a year from now) and Gadget are compelling.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'm planning to experiment with a bargain Glock frame that had been used for stipple practice. Rough up and clean the surface, build up thin areas with epoxy putty, sand to my liking, then cover with silicon carbide. SC might be a bit too aggressive for CCW but might work with finer grits.

This guy is probably as expert as you can get and he did a thread on that subject.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post434752
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    First try. Not very pretty, but the concept seems to work. I fired a couple of mags this evening when it was getting dark. The front sight came back where I need it to be, not down out of sight.

Name:  IMG_4464.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  32.4 KB

Another option is to install the large grip panel and then start removing material from it's top.

I've used JB Weld Steel Stick. Build it up and then sand it down to what you want. I like to brush mine with epoxy and cover it with silicon carbide but that's for a competition gun. Wouldn't be fun to carry.

This is the large grip panel to give me a similar trigger reach at SA as a G-19.

Now, when I fire the first DA shot, the front sight comes back into the rear sight notch, rather than low and out of sight. I'll probably experiment some more. Does anybody know of a source for large grip panels? I haven't done any search yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    This is the large grip panel to give me a similar trigger reach at SA as a G-19.

Now, when I fire the first DA shot, the front sight comes back into the rear sight notch, rather than low and out of sight. I'll probably experiment some more. Does anybody know of a source for large grip panels? I haven't done any search yet.
    I've seen a few for sale even used on Ebay. Actually quite a few ppl parting out px4 or something on there. I too buried my front sight on my px4cc at first, but for being a pretty drastic change in grip angle to a glock, I've been switching between the two quite easily now.

It might not look good but you could try innertube and cut little strips of the innertube in the shape of the back strap, and tuck the pieces under the innertube sleeve and build up the grip some.

I added another layer of Sugru the other day. Today I ran 75 rounds DA/SA and it seems to be better.

I don't know what the "final" solution is on a plastic frame. But I know that in the experimental stage, where you want to build up, tear down, remod, over & over (at the range) till it's just right, tape is your friend.
    Good quality duck tape lets you find that one spectacular shape you love with no permanent effect. Sometimes stretching good quality electrical tape over it smooths things out, when you think you are getting close to what you want.

If you are low class like me, you might just decide to leave the tape on

If you're high falutin you can trace the shape (side & endwise) and go permanent from that template. & shave to your perfection from there.

User Tag List