Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Build up a Pistol's Grip?

How to Build up a Pistol's Grip?

I have a PX4CC and it points low for me. I have been shooting Glocks for the last few decades and my hands have formed for them.

I would like to experiment with one of the grip modules for my PX4CC to see if I can get it to point more like a Glock.

Plastic wood? JB Weld? What can I try?

I like the PX4CC and it's DA/SA action, but I'm too old to retrain myself. I want to still be able to shoot Glock's at my current level.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Glock guys often use this:

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Steel...dp/B072XTJRLF/

They are showing a photo of some other product, but the p/n is 10110.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

If you chop up a spare grip module into small pieces, you can actually "solder" the pieces into the other module. Just keep pressing out the air bubbles. That's how my grip guy did my glock. he cut up the extra backstrap pieces that everyone throws out.

I have used JB weld to build thumb rests on some plastic grip panels so it may work. I haven't tried it on the specific plastic that the PX4 is made from though.

deleted double
    Last edited by CraigS; 10-02-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Joe Mustang is an old bullseye shooter that has made several youtube videos featuring plastic CZ's (P09,P07) which he has modified the grips with Sugru. I don't believe any of his videos are specifically about the grip modifications, but he mentions the modifications during his disassembly/reassembly videos.

Quote Originally Posted by GNiner View Post
    Joe Mustang is an old bullseye shooter that has made several youtube videos featuring plastic CZ's (P09,P07) which he has modified the grips with Sugru. I don't believe any of his videos are specifically about the grip modifications, but he mentions the modifications during his disassembly/reassembly videos.

Yep that was where I got the idea from. I saw he used it to create a palmswell in a P07. Not sure how durable it is but it seems to work well for him.

I had this problem with my 365. I eventually just gave up and went back to my Glock 43 or J frame

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I have a PX4CC and it points low for me. I have been shooting Glocks for the last few decades and my hands have formed for them.

I would like to experiment with one of the grip modules for my PX4CC to see if I can get it to point more like a Glock.

Plastic wood? JB Weld? What can I try?

I like the PX4CC and it's DA/SA action, but I'm too old to retrain myself. I want to still be able to shoot Glock's at my current level.

Building up material on plastic pistol frames is very challenging. There are some tricks to get the material to adhere, but it is very difficult and most of the time, the work isn't permanent and has to be redone from time to time, depending on the amount of use.

This is the biggest issue I found with adding beavertails to glocks via adding material. I can do it and it looks perfect, at first. After a while it works its way loose. This is cause by the parts not being made, or molded together originally. Even using parent glock materials, issues arise as the materials heat, cool, and move at different rates. This eventually cause failure points.

There are some custom guys that do this type of work, but I stopped as there was too much of a margin for failure.

If you do the work yourself, your better off as you learn how to do it, and when it fails, you can redo it. Having it done elsewhere, it has to go back to have the work redone.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List