Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Triarc 12.5?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Their barrels are great, and I like their version of Hodge’s wedge lock rail the best because it has a built-in QD But I don’t know that they’re complete guns are worth KAC money either. I do have confidence that they are properly assembled and have TP or better quality parts but I could say that about BCM, sons of liberty etc.
    For me, an HK, Geissele and KAC guy. I am going to give their 16" and 12.5" a try. I've had bad luck with KAC guns coming to me looking like they were dragged across the shop floor concrete before getting to me. And my LGS is super tight with the guys there. So if triarc can get me a gun built to my specs that I don't have to run their specific parts on to get to run.......(ie QDC can, KAC buffer for my SR16 cough $100.... cough....) then I'll be sticking with them. I still love KAC but they've got some house cleaning to do. The KAC guns run well for sure, they just come to me with character I didn't put into it myself.

Plus I think the barrel profile is a touch thicker than the SR15 I have at least. The SR16 barrel is thicker so.....not worried. But! I want to see what Triarc has to offer me and they might be my go to moving forward. I get what you're saying but you can get their stuff more reliably, and plenty of professionals run their guns in harms way. Both are solid performers in a very saturated industry. But I'm curious to see how they fair moving forward.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 01-12-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    For me, an HK, Geissele and KAC guy. I am going to give their 16" and 12.5" a try. I've had bad luck with KAC guns coming to me looking like they were dragged across the shop floor concrete before getting to me. And my LGS is super tight with the guys there. So if triarc can get me a gun built to my specs that I don't have to run their specific parts on to get to run.......(ie QDC can, KAC buffer for my SR16 cough $100.... cough....) then I'll be sticking with them. I still love KAC but they've got some house cleaning to do. The KAC guns run well for sure, they just come to me with character I didn't put into it myself.

Plus I think the barrel profile is a touch thicker than the SR15 I have at least. The SR16 barrel is thicker so.....not worried. But! I want to see what Triarc has to offer me and they might be my go to moving forward. I get what you're saying but you can get their stuff more reliably, and plenty of professionals run their guns in harms way. Both are solid performers in a very saturated industry. But I'm curious to see how they fair moving forward.
    The SR-16 is KAC’s select fire AR, AFAIK they only sell them to MIL/GOV and all SR-16 uppers on the market are Agency trade ins. As such I would expect them to have “character.” It’s not a Faberge egg. You are primarily paying for it to say “SR-16” instead of “SR-15.” I’m more in the guns as tools category. I was issued an older SR-16 for a short period and it was impressive, especially compared to what else was available 15 years ago.

With current KAC you are paying for something that is mechanically superior to, and more durable than a standard DI gun, similar in concept to HK or Hodge, they are a system. Small functional design details that add up like layers of an onion.

My impression of tri arc is that like Noveske, you could rebarrel a Colt 6920 with a TriArc barrel /gas tube and rail and not be too far off a complete TriArc rifle.

Back to TriArc, as I stated, their true innovation is their barrels. So far a sample of two personal and 30 or 40 agency issued guns are performing up to expectations.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-12-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The SR-16 is KAC’s select fire AR, AFAIK they only sell them to MIL/GOV and all SR-16 uppers on the market are Agency trade ins. As such I would expect them to have “character.” It’s not a Faberge egg. You are primarily paying for it to say “SR-16” instead of “SR-15.” I’m more in the guns as tools category. I was issued an older SR-16 for a short period and it was impressive, especially compared to what else was available 15 years ago.

With current KAC you are paying for something that is mechanically superior to, and more durable than a standard DI gun, similar in concept to HK or Hodge, they are a system. Small functional design details that add up like layers of an onion.

My impression of tri arc is that like Noveske, you could rebarrel a Colt 6920 with a TriArc barrel /gas tube and rail and not be too far off a complete TriArc rifle.

Back to TriArc, as I stated, their true innovation is their barrels. So far a sample of two personal and 30 or 40 agency issued guns are performing up to expectations.
    So my upper is still an MOA gun. I am waiting for the P4Xi and scalarworks mount to show up to verify at 100 yards outside of irons. But with the KAC irons it's a tight shooter. I will say yes, I know most of the SR16 uppers are GOV/Agency trade ins. Ours were demo uppers and were supposed to have between 150 rounds and "less than 1k rounds". I'm not 100% sure what mine has through it but the throat looks solid and the groups are also very tight. So I'm not sure what degradation I'm supposed to expect out of the gun, but I also haven't shot the 77gr BH TMK though it at range with the P4Xi. So we'll see when that happens. My brand new SR15 M lok came to me all scratched up before I ever fired a round.

So you're not wrong and I respect your insight. But this SR16 upper I received was supposed to be less used.......idk yet. The SR15 was brand new out of the box and less than mint when I received it. You will not hear a complaint from me about performance. But the quality of the gun upon receipt was less than mint for sure. I'm not happy with their QC as far as not spiking it off the ground before shipping, however I can't refute the performance of the firearm. I think if I'm spending that much money it should look perfect upon receipt is all. Additionally with my SR16 I should have a reasonable expectation of quality upon receipt. They installed my front sight diagonally and torqued the shit out of it. Which has permanently deformed my rail.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 01-12-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    So my upper is still an MOA gun. I am waiting for the P4Xi and scalarworks mount to show up to verify at 100 yards outside of irons. But with the KAC irons it's a tight shooter. I will say yes, I know most of the SR16 uppers are GOV/Agency trade ins. Ours were demo uppers and were supposed to have between 150 rounds and "less than 1k rounds". I'm not 100% sure what mine has through it but the throat looks solid and the groups are also very tight. So I'm not sure what degradation I'm supposed to expect out of the gun, but I also haven't shot the 77gr BH TMK though it at range with the P4Xi. So we'll see when that happens. My brand new SR15 M lok came to me all scratched up before I ever fired a round.

So you're not wrong and I respect your insight. But this SR16 upper I received was supposed to be less used.......idk yet. The SR15 was brand new out of the box and less than mint when I received it. You will not hear a complaint from me about performance. But the quality of the gun upon receipt was less than mint for sure. I'm not happy with their QC as far as not spiking it off the ground before shipping, however I can't refute the performance of the firearm. I think if I'm spending that much money it should look perfect upon receipt is all. Additionally with my SR16 I should have a reasonable expectation of quality upon receipt. They installed my front sight diagonally and torqued the shit out of it. Which has permanently deformed my rail.
    On the new gun I would just send it back. Especially given your dealers is one of their biggest and longest running dealers.,

FYI if you qualify, Triarc has a solid LEO discount program through DSG Arms. Mil qualifies too I believe. Hard to beat at those prices but I agree that outside of those, KAC is just too proven. I had this debate about a year ago and have a KAC upper now so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever pick up one of their 12.5s?

User Tag List