Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triarc 12.5?

Triarc 12.5?

Anyone got one and running it? I'm interested in them, the prospect of a middy 12.5 is fascinating. Looking at a pistol configuration but if y'all got the SBR I'd be interested in that mileage also.

If you know anyone and can share that info I would also appreciate it.

Guess this tax season I'm going to have to get one and find out on my own.....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Guess this tax season I'm going to have to get one and find out on my own.....
    Will Petty of Centerfuge training is running a pinned 14.5” TriArc and has good things to say.

A co-worker has one of their 12.5” SBR’s in NFA jail. Since he didn’t listen to me and build it as a pistol he hasn’t gotten to shoot it.

One of our local Sheriffs offices just bought 30 of their 12.5” SBRs but they’ve only had them a month or two.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-06-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Will Petty of Centerfuge training is running a pinned 14.5” TriArc and has good things to say.

A co-worker has one of their 12.5” SBR’s in NFA jail. Since he didn’t listen to me and build it as a pistol he hasn’t gotten to shoot it.

One of our local Sheriffs offices just bought 30 of their 12.5” SBRs but they’ve only had them a month or two.
    Well hopefully we get some awesome feedback from their experiences. I know a lot of guys are concerned about getting away from a carbine length gas system in anything shorter than 14.5. I mean there's the 13.7 weirdos but for all practical applications.....14.5.

Last edited by navyman8903; 12-31-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Interested to see how they fare with time. They are a boutique brand getting propped up by Garand Thumb and a couple other youtubers. Im sure the quality is very good and their barrels seem legit, but when you have someone established at those prices like say, Knights Armament, it’s a tough market.

I do really like that they offer a 13.9” barrel and this alone has me interested in a gun from them. Allows you to pin any of the modern muzzle devices and meet 16” and not have to deal with a pistol or SBR.

Will Petty of Centrifuge Training runs this piss out of Triarc guns, I would say that's a good sign.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Interested to see how they fare with time. They are a boutique brand getting propped up by Garand Thumb and a couple other youtubers. Im sure the quality is very good and their barrels seem legit, but when you have someone established at those prices like say, Knights Armament, it’s a tough market.

I do really like that they offer a 13.9” barrel and this alone has me interested in a gun from them. Allows you to pin any of the modern muzzle devices and meet 16” and not have to deal with a pistol or SBR.
    TriArc has actually been around for several years as a barrel company before they began doing complete guns. I first heard of them five or six years ago from the armorer of a local LE agency who was rebarreling his swat teams rifles with Triarc barrels.

As mentioned there is an agency near me running 30 or 40 of their 12.5 inch guns with Dead Air cans. They are very pleased with them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    TriArc has actually been around for several years as a barrel company before they began doing complete guns. I first heard of them five or six years ago from the armorer of a local LE agency who was rebarreling his swat teams rifles with Triarc barrels.

As mentioned there is an agency near me running 30 or 40 of their 12.5 inch guns with Dead Air cans. They are very pleased with them so far.
    O cool. I’m not trying to dog them. Like I said, I’m sure the guns are fantastic. Tough market at the high end of ARs though. Normally, I’d take a Knights SR15 easily because their track record and history is so good. Plus their upgraded bolt and gas system and all that. Triarc is milspec in that regard.

But I love the 13.9” barrel option and I may order one just based on that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    O cool. I’m not trying to dog them. Like I said, I’m sure the guns are fantastic. Tough market at the high end of ARs though. Normally, I’d take a Knights SR15 easily because their track record and history is so good. Plus their upgraded bolt and gas system and all that. Triarc is milspec in that regard.

But I love the 13.9” barrel option and I may order one just based on that.
    Their barrels are great, and I like their version of Hodge’s wedge lock rail the best because it has a built-in QD But I don’t know that they’re complete guns are worth KAC money either. I do have confidence that they are properly assembled and have TP or better quality parts but I could say that about BCM, sons of liberty etc.

User Tag List