Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danner Customer Service

I have a pair of Danner Patrol boots that have been refurbished 3 times. This pair of boots replaced a pair that was thrown away by housekeeping staff while I was living on a cruise ship after Katrina. The soles fell off of them after being exposed to whatever was in the mud that was festering in my old house.

Anyway, I get the boots redone every three years or so and they’re up for servicing probably next summer.

I bought a pair of acadias back in 2016 and they need to be redone soon.

If you can get on Provengo check them out. Acadia boots are $280, Recon 8 inch boots are $273 and goretex tachyon boots are $120.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I have a pair of Danner Patrol boots that have been refurbished 3 times. This pair of boots replaced a pair that was thrown away by housekeeping staff while I was living on a cruise ship after Katrina. The soles fell off of them after being exposed to whatever was in the mud that was festering in my old house.

Anyway, I get the boots redone every three years or so and they’re up for servicing probably next summer.

I bought a pair of acadias back in 2016 and they need to be redone soon.

If you can get on Provengo check them out. Acadia boots are $280, Recon 8 inch boots are $273 and goretex tachyon boots are $120.
    Thanks, JR. Don't need a pair of Danners but thanks for mentioning Provengo. I didn't know about that source for LE / Gov't discounts. Signed up after reading your post.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I have tried danner’s wide sizes. They are not wide enough.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have tried danner’s wide sizes. They are not wide enough.
    You might ask their customer service people if they would recommend going up a size. I do know that they will use a mechanical device to stretch their boots.

I've been wearing the Acadia version for over 20 years. I notice that a bum knee hurts when I do not.

I had a pair of Acadias resolved several times. The last time I sent them in they returned them with a note saying there wasn’t enough leather left to resolve them again. They included a 20% off coupon on a new pair of boots.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I really wish danner made their boots in wide sizes and with a bigger toe box. If they did that; I would have at least three pair.
    Look at their off-shore man'f line. While I can't wear the Acadias (or that last anymore) due to foot shape, my last uniform boots were Mountain 600s, and the predecessors to the current Striker are still great fitting, shineable winter /wet/cold uniform boots.

And, as the OP mentioned - very happy with their customer service when I've had to use it.

Site Supporter
    Erik, sounds like we have the same problem. Infantry feet. Funny how belts shrink and feet grow over 30 years. I want an old fashioned hiking boot and a 10 inch duty boot for the winter. I think the made in America danners are a good quality for the money. I guess I will have get custom boots. I will check out the mountain 600s but I already like my new balance light hikers.

User Tag List