Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danner Customer Service

Danner Customer Service

I've been wearing Danner boots on duty since 2005, usually Acadias. My most recent pair, 400 gram, I bought on sale on Amazon for $280. The left boot fit great but the tongue on the right wouldn't sit right. It kept folding up and sideways and digging into my shin, which was uncomfortable at the beginning of the shift and downright painful by the end of it. I wore the boots for 6 shifts, getting into a foot pursuit and fight during one which took a chunk out of the toe on the problem boot. The left boot broke in nicely, the right continued to cause pain.

I sent the boots back to Danner to see if they could fix the tongue so it would quick binding up. I included a copy of my Amazon receipt showing what I paid. I told them not to worry about the damage to the toe since that wasn't on them. Two days after they received my boots, I got an email stating $382 had been credited to my Danner account, which included $12 for expedited 2-day shipping. For an issue some might consider a nuisance, or individual fit issue, they took my boots back and credited me full retail + expedited shipping (they offer free standard shipping). I know Danner is a household name in LE, but if you haven't tried them, you might consider them. This type of service after the sale is why I continue to use their products. I have replacement boots, replacement laces for a different pair of boots and some new insoles on the way. Total cost to me is $4 over what they credited my account.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

That is fantastic customer service. I haven't owned a pair of Danner's in many a year but I think they'll be on my radar next time I need to replace some trusty footwear.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

In my personal and professional experience with Danner, they have always genuinely cared about their customer's experience. I had a pair of boots stolen out of my checked luggage, which Danner replaced for me at no-cost. I am wearing a pair of Tachyons right now as I type this, and I have a new pair of their mid-rise coyote boot on its way to me because after 4 years, my Tachs are finally starting to wear a little bit.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I bought a pair of their snake boots after reading a ton of reviews a few years ago. They did not break in at all, ended up experiencing some bad foot pain. The swapped them out for a pair of Quarries, made in US. Love those boots. Super comfy and beautiful in a traditional utilitarian kinda way.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've used Ft. Lewis boots as my go-to motorcycle boots for years. Figure if they were designed to withstand the rigors of jumping out of airplanes under combat conditions and then marching, they were the right compromise of heavy duty construction, all day comfort, and walking ability I needed.

Haven't had a bad wreck to test the legitimacy of the heavy duty construction, but logged a lot of miles, some in outrageous downpours, and my feet stayed comfy and dry.

Nice to hear their customer service lives up to it's reputation.

Site Supporter
    I really wish danner made their boots in wide sizes and with a bigger toe box. If they did that; I would have at least three pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I really wish danner made their boots in wide sizes and with a bigger toe box. If they did that; I would have at least three pair.
    They do? I just ordered a pair in wide.

They have or had a very generous individual discount purchase program for public safety personnel.

Site Supporter
    In the market for boots...good thread.

My Danner Acadias, both un-insulated and 200 gram thinsulate versions are 19 years old now and still going strong. Well made American products built to last.

User Tag List