Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to turn your Nano into an APX carry.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I find this very interesting. We now have 6 of the APX Carry pistols here that we have been testing for about 5 or 6 months. So far they have all been flawless, but I have not shot any 124 +p through any of them. Ball ammo, 115 and 124 and quite a bit of 147 HST and 147 Gold Dot.

I don't have any "old Nano" mags, only APX Carry mags.

For me, it fills the nitch of a single stack 7 round J-frame. Double action every time, hammerless, very small and really light.

I will be interested to see how this shakes out as if they do not run, I am not interested.
    While I haven't had an issue with it, I have noticed that the Nano mags don't run as well as the APX Carry mags do. The ever-so-slight changes* Beretta made to the mags make a difference. I hadn't though to ask, but were the issues with the APX Carry with the new mags, or the Nano mags?

* - Nano vs APX Teardown Thread - Magazines

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    For me, it fills the nitch of a single stack 7 round J-frame. Double action every time, hammerless, very small and really light.
    Bold emphasis mine. This is not a pre cocked striker fired action? How did I not know that?
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-22-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Beretta received it two week ago. I will let you guys know what they did when it comes back.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Probably quiet design changes by the looks of things. Very disappointing to see. How are the larger apx series doing in reliability?

Like the NanX

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Well, it is not exactly turning a Nano into an APX Carry, but the APX Carry's grip frame is light years more useful than the Nano's, even allowing for the hideous squared triggerguard.

A little careful sanding of the protrusion at the bottom of the APX Carry grip reduced it to being perfectly flush with the minimalist Nano magazine baseplate, and the result has allowed the Orange Cat to stop thinking he has to give the Nano a "death grip." This particular Nano has been vetted for quite a while, and it functioned perfectly in its post-operative outing.

I call it the NanX.

GN
    Like the name NanX. And more than appropriate. I will respectfully disagree with your quote "that the APX grip frame is light years more useful than the Nano's. As you know, I like both and have not decided which one I like the most as I have posted before on another forum. The Nano is more like a 1911 style grip which many folks love. Fortunately I have the Nano and a Nano with the APX frame and most likely will keep them that way. I shoot both of them fine. I also took notice that you had to have a feeling of a" Death Grip on the Nano." On the contray for myself. I found out that tight grip on the Nano grip was not only not necessary, but actually a unproductive grip where just a FIRM grip performed much better.
    Since I have shot the APX, and one Nano with over 10,000 rds, I am staying with the Nano and the New APX grip. (NanX)
    Beside the fact that I do not want a Slide Stop, with over a dozen mags Nano Mags, that by they way run just fine in the APX Grip, to purchase the APX would just do nothing for me at this point. And the Nano now on sale at Buds for only $199.00 seems like one of the best deals going on in the gun world. Especially since the APX grip fits the Nano just fine. And the fact that you can simply add a APX grip for $35.00 makes it the best of both worlds.

NanX on the Left New Nano on Right

By the way, I still cannot stand the APX trigger guard. However I did find one Holster that does fit it. A Desantis.

UPS just dropped it off. It looks like they replaced the disassembly pin and recoil spring. No letter telling me what was done like last time. Other than that it appears to be the same.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Oh Beretta. Your full-size guns are some of the best in the world. Your compact guns are superb. Why can't you make a subcompact worth a damn?

Being a Beretta fanboy is like being in love with a really hot awesome rich girl with one super yellow tooth you can't stop staring at.
    Lol, my awesome rich girl has perfect teeth. First Nano I bought and still shoot went over the 10,000 mark in Sept. Later bought two more (running great from the start just like the original).Yes, I did put the APX grip on one of the Nano's and ran them side by side for a few months and about a 1,000 rds. Came home yesterday after shooting both and put the Nano grip back on. Yes, I like it better. But each person now can choose what grip he likes. Yes, I obviously am a fanboy. The Nano has given me more than 10,000 reasons to make me one. Bravo to Beretta. Personally think this firearm is about as solid a build quality of any I have seen. Not many parts and one heck of a robust build. Break one down compare any gun to one. I would be happy to put the Nano/ Apx carry sub-compact up against any Micro 9mm out there.
    Bravo to Beretta.

Last edited by Old Virginia; 01-20-2020 at 08:55 PM.

I never did update this thread but I put the APX in the safe and haven't shot it. Probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../pistols/p365/

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the link. But fairly familiar with the 365. Spent some time with 4 others testing the Sig. We put a 1,000 rds through one about 4-5 months ago.

User Tag List