Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to turn your Nano into an APX carry.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I decided to try some different ammo today and I'm having better results. More on it later.
    This is good news.

I liked the M9 that I was issued. I really want Beretta to get this right.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

A pattern I've noticed being a Beretta guy for most of my life:

When Beretta knocks it out of the park, they really knock it out of the park.

When they mess up, they really mess up.

No in between.
    This is incredibly true. The same company made the 9000S and the 92 Elite II. Let that sink in.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I decided last night that maybe I should try some other ammo in the Pistol before condemning it. So this morning I grabbed a box of Winchester 147gr Ranger and began shooting. To my surprise, it went through the entire box of 50 without any failers except a failure to feed. The failers to feed have all be from the extra Nano mag I had so I decided to stop using it.

So I came up with a plan. I would take all of the 9mm ammo I have leftover from my gel test and shoot 15 rounds of each type. 15 rounds would give me one 6 round and one 8 round magazine and one round in the chamber. I would start with a loaded gun with 7 rounds and fire until slide lock and reload with an 8 round magazine.

So far I have gotten about halfway through the stash and hope to finish up tomorrow.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Isolating it to a mag from another gun really shines light on this. Thanks for the update.

Site Supporter
    If this doesn’t resolve, please let me know.

As I’ve said on several media venues, the Nano mag is best for FMJ range Ammo. We significantly improved the mag for APX Carry.

Nano mags DO work in the Carry, but they are substantially different.
    Last edited by e_stern; 10-02-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Oh Beretta. Your full-size guns are some of the best in the world. Your compact guns are superb. Why can't you make a subcompact worth a damn?

Being a Beretta fanboy is like being in love with a really hot awesome rich girl with one super yellow tooth you can't stop staring at.
    Whoa whoa whoa... the bobcat and tomcat guns are pretty handy!

(And the tooth isn't yellow, it's just carbonara sauce... it sticks a bit...)

In my experience with some of the other pocket 9mm's +P stuff does seem to be running very close to the edge of reliable function. Pretty high slide velocities are getting increased even more.

I think GJM is on the right path with the 115gr Gold Dot in these kinds of pistols. Weve seen good reliability with the critical defense too
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I put a little over 500 rounds through it and only had a malfunction with Winchester Ranger T 127gr +P+ and one light primer strike with the new Winchester military 115gr flat point.

Here is a list of what I tried.

Speer 115gr Gold Dot +P+
    Winchester 127gr Ranger T +P+
    Remington 147gr JHP
    Federal 147gr HST +P
    Federal 147gr HST standard
    Federal 124gr HST standard
    Federal 124gr HST +P
    Winchester military 115gr
    Federal 124gr Hydra-Shok
    Barnes 115gr TAC-XPD +P
    Federal 115gr Train and Defend
    Hornady 147gr XTP
    Winchester 124gr military ball
    Magtech 147gr JHP
    Speer 147gr Gold Dot G2
    Remington 124gr Golden Saber
    Fiocchi 115gr JHP
    Federal 135gr tactical +P
    Speer 147gr Gold Dot
    Winchester 115gr JHP
    Remington 147gr Golden Saber
    Federal 147gr JHP
    Federal 115gr JHP (XM9001)
    Speer 124gr Gold Dot standard
    Hornady 135gr Critical Defence +P

After all that I tried one more box of Speer 124gr +p and had another fail to extract. So it would seem this pistol has a definite dislike for them.

I then gave the gun a very deep cleaning using an ultrasonic cleaner. After lubricating and reassembly I noticed that the recoil spring was sticking out of the front of the slide. No matter how many times I disassembled and reassembled I could not get the spring to seat correctly.

Another issue was the disassembly pin. The pistol came this but I chose to not worry about it at the moment. The pin was not flush with the side of the frame. If I removed the o-ring it would fit normally but not with it in. It also prevented the pin form "auto-locking" at reassembly.
    So, I guess it's one more trip to the factory.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Well, it is not exactly turning a Nano into an APX Carry, but the APX Carry's grip frame is light years more useful than the Nano's, even allowing for the hideous squared triggerguard.

A little careful sanding of the protrusion at the bottom of the APX Carry grip reduced it to being perfectly flush with the minimalist Nano magazine baseplate, and the result has allowed the Orange Cat to stop thinking he has to give the Nano a "death grip." This particular Nano has been vetted for quite a while, and it functioned perfectly in its post-operative outing.

I call it the NanX.

GN
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I find this very interesting. We now have 6 of the APX Carry pistols here that we have been testing for about 5 or 6 months. So far they have all been flawless, but I have not shot any 124 +p through any of them. Ball ammo, 115 and 124 and quite a bit of 147 HST and 147 Gold Dot.

I don't have any "old Nano" mags, only APX Carry mags.

For me, it fills the nitch of a single stack 7 round J-frame. Double action every time, hammerless, very small and really light.

I will be interested to see how this shakes out as if they do not run, I am not interested.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List