Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to turn your Nano into an APX carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia View Post
    Thanks for the link. But fairly familiar with the 365. Spent some time with 4 others testing the Sig. We put a 1,000 rds through one about 4-5 months ago.
    That was more to poke my friend 5 Pins than to make a sales recommendation to you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../pistols/p365/

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I think I will stick with my Shiled.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I put a little over 500 rounds through it and only had a malfunction with Winchester Ranger T 127gr +P+ and one light primer strike with the new Winchester military 115gr flat point.

I then gave the gun a very deep cleaning using an ultrasonic cleaner. After lubricating and reassembly I noticed that the recoil spring was sticking out of the front of the slide. No matter how many times I disassembled and reassembled I could not get the spring to seat correctly.

Another issue was the disassembly pin. The pistol came this but I chose to not worry about it at the moment. The pin was not flush with the side of the frame. If I removed the o-ring it would fit normally but not with it in. It also prevented the pin form "auto-locking" at reassembly.
    So, I guess it's one more trip to the factory.

The recoil spring sticking out is a simple fix. Simply push the o ring in with your finger to let the slide pass. I suspect heat from the sonic cleaner swelled the rubber o ring. Or it simply just needed a push. I am surprised that Beretta did not point this out rather than have the gun sent in. I bought a spare o ring when I first read this on another forum. But that just sits in the package, no need to replace. I find gun forums interesting. Before I even bought the Nano, I heard from the internet that it did not like 115 gr ammo. Yes, when I first picked up the Nano, I took it to the range with nothing but cheap 115 gr ammo and it ran flawlessly. Actually used a bucket of 115 gr Remington and some cheap bulk reloads.
    I see your post about the Speer Plus P. While I have tried with perfect results other Plus P ammo, I will try and order the Speer just to see how well it shoots. I also have different recoil spring weights from Gallaway I want to try out.

Changing grips or taking the chassis out is easy. Have done it so many times. First time, might cause a error in insertion. Basically the Pico is the same way. I did make a mistake my first time changing the grip. The trigger would not function properly. The sent it back and told me it was inserted wrong. I then just looked at it and saw the error of my ways.
    By the way, that is the only time I have ever used Beretta customer service. Never once needed it for the Nano's nor three Pico's. And one of the Pico's has more rounds through it than a popular Pocket pistol I owned. Or should I say has out lasted Four of them.
    I do not own any other Beretta's but if the Nano, the Carry and the Pico are any testament to the quality of the PX4 Compact than that will be my next purchase.
    Last edited by Old Virginia; 01-23-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Speer Gold Dot Plus P.

Just got back from the range today. Brought along the box of 50 rds of the Gold Dot Plus P 124gr.
    First up was the Nano with the APX grip and a Galloway 16lb recoil spring that has been due for a change out. Shot 25rds and that were flawless.
    Next up the Newer Nano with stock Nano Grip, and a Galloway 20lb recoil spring 25 rds. Flawless.

I see no reason why the New APX Carry will not shoot this ammo as well as the Nano. Have to say these guns seem to like the 20lb recoil spring.
    Man these are mild shooting guns.
    Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain +P Jacketed Hollow Point
    Last edited by Old Virginia; 02-23-2020 at 05:12 PM.

User Tag List