Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L'Shana Tova

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

L'Shana Tova

May you on P-F and all of your families be written and sealed for a good and sweet year for all of 5780.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Happy New Year to all who celebrate.

I, heathen that I am, had to hear from my Sicilian wife that it was Rosh Hashanah. When I heard that my sister (a few states away) was making gefilte fish, I went back into my burrow until I knew it was safe to come out. Latkes, good. Gefilte fish, bad.

But I digress...

Happy New Year.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Indeed! The blessings of a sweet and healthy new year to all.

Blues, having married into a longships' worth of Vikings (with a few Finns in the woodpile), count your blessings with the Gefilte fish. It could be Lutefisk, after all.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 09-29-2019 at 05:16 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    For reasons unclear to me, the local Walmart when I lived in Missouri sold gefilte fish. There were three Jewish families in that town.

Latkes are good, indeed. I miss my aunt Ruth's latkes. Hers were the best.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Indeed! The blessings of a sweet and healthy new year to all.

Blues, having married into a longships' worth of Vikings (with a few Finns in the woodpile), count your blessings with the Gefilte fish. It could be Lutefisk, after all.
    My best friend for many years was from Iceland. I feel your pain.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Shana Tova PF mishpocha.

Site Supporter
    I'm good with Batampte brand Gefilte, with Batampte brand RED horseradish. I might try your home brew Gefilte, but I'd rather not. My neighbor when I was a kid, Mrs Finkelstein, made me matzoh brie using the Gefilte fish jelly. Batampte. It might be the taste I remember as I take my last breath. Heaven.

I'm making P'tcha tomorrow. I make a non-traditional family recipe with dill and extra garlic. The Vietnamese grocery on Belknap is a good place for cow feet, or H Mart. My grandmother made it for me when I was wee. But, nobody in my family / friend circle will get near it except mom.

Lutefisk.? Never again! . Dill schnapps, excellent, however.

L'Shana Tova!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

L’Shana Tova everyone.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Ditto. Never really liked gefilte, matzoh Brie - can’t get enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm good with Batampte brand Gefilte, with Batampte brand RED horseradish. I might try your home brew Gefilte, but I'd rather not. My neighbor when I was a kid, Mrs Finkelstein, made me matzoh brie using the Gefilte fish jelly. Batampte. It might be the taste I remember as I take my last breath. Heaven.

I'm making P'tcha tomorrow. I make a non-traditional family recipe with dill and extra garlic. The Vietnamese grocery on Belknap is a good place for cow feet, or H Mart. My grandmother made it for me when I was wee. But, nobody in my family / friend circle will get near it except mom.

Lutefisk.? Never again! . Dill schnapps, excellent, however.

L'Shana Tova!
    I've never had Batampte products, to my knowledge. Will have to look 'em up.

My wife has done quite a few fresh horseradish recipes over the past couple decades. It often is much nicer than prepared versions. 8

Have never had P'tcha, either. What recipe do you like for it?
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 09-29-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List