Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver BC RFI

Vancouver BC RFI

Looking for info on what do or see while in Vancouver. We would be there in May as part of a cruise package. We could add a few days before or after if its worth spending additional time there. We figured while we there we might as well take advantage if its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Looking for info on what do or see while in Vancouver. We would be there in May as part of a cruise package. We could add a few days before or after if its worth spending additional time there. We figured while we there we might as well take advantage if its worth it
    We got off the cruise in Vancouver, and took a combo tour/ hotel shuttle. That way, we got to see the sights (including some of the no go zones like Chinatown), then got dropped off at our hotel.
    You might want to look into something like that.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Stanley Park is beautiful and is great for a bike ride through it. The Aquarium is excellent and small so it takes up 4-6 hours only. Make sure you catch the Beluga Whale show. Granville Island is fun. Lots of restaurants and pubs, and s cool farmers market along with some artists shops. Gastown is kitschy, but in a fun way, and there are a bunch of blown glass galleries if you are into that. All of those are a short hop or even a stroll from the cruise ship port.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    We probably haven't been in 25 years, but I'd catch a ferry and spend a day in Victoria. My better half and I thoroughly enjoyed Butchart Gardens and then Afternoon Tea at the Empress Hotel.

@misanthropist

The cruise line probably offers packages, some feel they're over-priced, but OTOH they're convenient.

Depending on how long you have to stay, and how much you have to spend, consider time in Victoria, as well.

EDIT: @T Smith beat me to it, although the Empress Hotel is now part of a chain, and may not be quite up to it's historical rep. We had high tea at Murchey's instead. Same-same to me.
    Lots of brew pubs and craft breweries there, too.
    Last edited by Drang; 09-29-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    I second Stanley Park and Victoria.

Bloedel Conservatory/Queen Elizabeth Park was beautiful with great views of the city.

I’ve had Afternoon Tea at the Empress. It was a good time. Craigdarroch Castle is a “leisurely walk” from the harbor according to the website. My wife called it a death march. It’s worth seeing if you have time in Victoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’ve had Afternoon Tea at the Empress. It was a good time. Craigdarroch Castle is a “leisurely walk” from the harbor according to the website. My wife called it a death march. It’s worth seeing if you have time in Victoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Harbour Air does seaplane tours from the harbor, across the street from the Empress. We flew up to Butchart Gardens in a DHC-3T turbine Otter and back to the harbor. I was able to sit in the right seat and talk to the pilot on headset. Amazing aircraft, and the scenery was ok too.

Site Supporter
    Went 5 years ago. I enjoyed my time with my friend, but I’m not a big city guy so I wouldn’t return.

My favorite place was a bar called The Bourbon. Typical bar at night, but afternoon and evening it was fun. Old school setting with a few locals who thought like me and my pal.

Also enjoyed a sports bar called All Stars. Very friendly staff and customers.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 09-30-2019 at 01:16 AM.

From Van, a shuttle to the lift that goes to Grouse Mountain is highly recommended. There are decent food opportunities up top, and the view is amazing. It’s hard to believe you parked in a suburban neighborhood.

https://www.grousemountain.com
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List