Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Our OCD thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    ive also had food poisoning when camped out in the mountains. Brutal.
    I got dysentery (or something akin) back in 1974 a day or two into a five week venture into the Wind Rivers.

Oh, that was an unhappy couple of days until I came around. Having to hike for several miles each day with a 90 lb pack in the heat, and gaining elevation along the way, despite feeling so low, was character building.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I count stairs. Every time. I can't help myself and it's really annoying, because I'll interrupt a conversation to count stairs in my head, and if I don't count the stairs I wonder how many stairs I should have counted.

Anyone check door locks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Anyone check door locks?
    Yep, but only when leaving for the long term like a vacation or business trip. After I leave, I always circle back around the block to drive past my house about 5 minutes later to make sure that the place is secure. In the past it has paid a good dividend. One time, upon circling back, I found that the automatic garage door had cycled back up for some unknown reason, perhaps the wind had blown a leaf into the garage that tripped the door's safety sensor. Mine is a very nice neighborhood, but I suspect that I may have saved myself from at least some inconvenience in that case.

I always answer my door with a gun ready to go, but just out of sight. We've seen a slight uptick in bad actors willing to visit my little neck of the woods in search of fertile grounds for burglaries and home invasions.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Anyone check door locks?
    Always. Twice.

Site Supporter
    Anyone check door locks?
    Every night before going to bed unless I know I was the last person through the door(s).

The only OCD-like thing I have otherwise is that I have to use matching plates at the gym. See, the gym bought a bunch of new plates about a year ago, and also acquired some other random ones, so we now have three different types (each type is significantly different). Even though they should weigh the same per their labels, I can't mix them up side to side (ie plates on one side have to match their counterparts on the other on the other). I feel foolish going to another rack to get plates when the rack I'm using has the weight classes I need. "Just ignore me, I'm crazy...".

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Every night before going to bed unless I know I was the last person through the door(s).

The only OCD-like thing I have otherwise is that I have to use matching plates at the gym. See, the gym bought a bunch of new plates about a year ago, and also acquired some other random ones, so we now have three different types (each type is significantly different). Even though they should weigh the same per their labels, I can't mix them up side to side (ie plates on one side have to match their counterparts on the other on the other). I feel foolish going to another rack to get plates when the rack I'm using has the weight classes I need. "Just ignore me, I'm crazy...".

Chris
    Plates, even of the same make or current paint scheme etc are notoriously off. I've not gone so bad as to weigh mine, nor have I ever not done a set due to unmatched plates, but I know it's common.

The funny thing is that I have a set of fractional plates I'd use until someone mentioned that the standard plates are probably off by more than my fractionals. So, mostly they go unused these days.

Fortunately I lift at home, so the plates, which probably still don't weigh the same, are all pairs I bought myself.

Anyone check door locks?
    Only when I look at the door...

User Tag List