Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Our OCD thread

This thread is certainly reminding me of one of my favorite cartoons. Not about OCD but close enough.

Name:  ch.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  54.7 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was thinking Pasto vs. Anti-Pasto.

(Now I'm hungry.)
    If you're OCD, you're combobulated.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was thinking Pasto vs. Anti-Pasto.

(Now I'm hungry.)
    You're welcome

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Be still, my beating heart!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

You people have some serious issues...

Makes me feel good about being sloppy and inefficient. (Says the guy that will spend an entire shift getting the settings just so on a spreadsheet no one else will ever see.)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Can’t believe we are at 83 posts and Hercule Poirot has not been mentioned.
    They went directly to Adrian Monk, more than once.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

You know, when you paste a target and the paster doesn't quite cover the hole? I have to put on another paster, even if it's a target someone else already pasted.

Do you guys have OCD, or are you just really particular?

I had a guy who worked for me, who would spend every break/lunch washing his hands. It was bad enough that we actually needed another sink in the restroom to accommodate him. We were in a factory, that we got mildly dirty, but watching a guy spend 30 minutes cleaning his fingernails makes me think nothing mentioned here is serious

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    You know, when you paste a target and the paster doesn't quite cover the hole? I have to put on another paster, even if it's a target someone else already pasted.
    You want the harshest truth? I don’t like pasted targets. If I wanted to shoot at someone else’s target, I’d shoot at an angle across the range and piss people off.

And if we are going to paste. Can we get pasters that are the same color as the cardboard?! I swear cardboard targets have been the same color my whole life. Yet for some reason, pasters are different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Do you guys have OCD, or are you just really particular?

I had a guy who worked for me, who would spend every break/lunch washing his hands. It was bad enough that we actually needed another sink in the restroom to accommodate him. We were in a factory, that we got mildly dirty, but watching a guy spend 30 minutes cleaning his fingernails makes me think nothing mentioned here is serious
    OCD runs a whole gamut of expression but it’s truly a “disorder” when it frequently interrupts your thoughts and focus.

The Yale-Brown Obessive-Compulsive Scale (YBOCS) is frequently used to categorize OCD tendencies and help diagnose patients. https://www.addictionsandrecovery.or...cale-ybocs.pdf

OCD also comes and goes to a degree. The score you have today could be lower than after a few days of rest or enough sleep. It’s important to recognize that Obsessive tendencies are really just an evolutionary check. You need to be obsessive about somethings (food and water). To the point you survive. It’s very important overall.

I have a whole pile of YBOCS sheets I fill them out regularly to help myself with my own cognitive behavior therapy. There are times where I’ve had YBOCS scores in the 40s and others where I’ve had them in the teens. With proper therapy and treatment many of these things can go away. It is most often misplaced anxiety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    We have a member at our gym with this, and she's managed to infect me ( among others ) with it.

Every time I find myself doing it, I say 'Damn you B, you did this to me!' It's even funnier when she's there to hear it.

Maybe I should stop reading this thread. I might come down with something else.
    Does your gym have a scale? Maybe weight a few of each color. If they're the same, maybe that'll cure you?

I totally get this one though...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List