Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Our OCD thread

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    The “thread” in the thread title should have a capital T.
    Your doing it wrong
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You want the harshest truth? I don’t like pasted targets. If I wanted to shoot at someone else’s target, I’d shoot at an angle across the range and piss people off.

And if we are going to paste. Can we get pasters that are the same color as the cardboard?! I swear cardboard targets have been the same color my whole life. Yet for some reason, pasters are different colors.
    Name:  1DD7503E-69C0-488F-9CD2-6ABED1FC5CD6.jpeg
Views: 423
Size:  72.1 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Your doing it wrong
    You think that amateurish attempt will fly with a real OCD hand? Get back in line!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

I'm also confused how anyone, on the whole planet, cannot stack things in such a way as to allow maximum space efficiency.
    That is a constant battle at my shop, whether placing items on the shelves, or hauling material. "We had to make a second trip because we couldn't fit this plywood in the truck." Well...if you'd have put the plywood in first and set everything else on top of it, that's one trip. In fact my go-to line is, "Didn't you ever play Tetris?"

And if you have two boxes of the same item, stack them together. Don't put one here and the other way over there. This is where some things really bug me, and others not at all. I don't care where on the shelves you put them, but put them together.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 09-30-2019 at 03:19 PM.

OCD runs a whole gamut of expression but it’s truly a “disorder” when it frequently interrupts your thoughts and focus.

The Yale-Brown Obessive-Compulsive Scale (YBOCS)...
    I am in awe, that in a thread on OCD, we have a...metric for OCD. That's pretty...impressive (was going to go with "OCD" but could not convince myself it applied. )
    Last edited by RJ; 09-30-2019 at 04:07 PM.

I'm starting to think I'm not nearly as OCD as you guys are.
    Yeah, I'm going to get my wife to read through this thread. A bunch of y'all make me look reasonably normal.

Still, I doubt she'd agree . . .

I want to burn this with fire.

I actually think the reason people like black guns is because black is a universal color that matches just about everything. Sure, there are "shades" of black to a degree, but not really that many. And it's important that things match.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I would rather have Jim-bob's Kuztom Krylon Kamo than that blasphemy. Redneck rattlecan might look like shit, but at least it's even.

And stainless parts on a black gun (or vice versa) drive me bonkers. Black parts on an AR are ok, that's all there is. But there's no excuse on Glocks or 1911's.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 09-30-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    100%! I won the internet today. WAHOO!!

Actually, despite the test, I'm pretty low on the OCD scale, just have a good eye for spatially related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    And stainless parts on a black gun (or vice versa) drive me bonkers.
    Did someone say LTT Elite 92 with NP3 parts?

Name:  AeNdPPCl.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  65.7 KB

User Tag List