Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Our OCD thread

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post

It took me several minutes to get the colors don't match. Eh, more camouflage.
    Last edited by Crazy Dane; 10-07-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: im computer illiterat and dont know why both pics wont show

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Anyone check door locks?
    That is my one and only compulsion.

I’ve mellowed quite a bit. 25 years ago I’d wake up in the middle of the night and check the doors.

I’m a slob about most things, but I’m a regular Sheldon Cooper at the dinner table:

No hats.
    Food in serving dishes with serving utensils.
    You do not use your personal, nasty utensils to help your plate.
    The butter gets its own knife. You put some on your plate, then pass it. That way no ones baked potato gets cold while you hog the butter and, more importantly, we don’t end up with your disgusting toast crumbs in the butter.

Butter is butter, Jelly is jelly,
    Peanut butter is peanut butter. Great tastes that taste great together, but should never meet in the same container.
    So if you eat in my home, each of the three will have a serving utensil. Use them.

I’m pretty much impossible to gross out, but finding crumbs in the butter, blobs of butter in the jelly jar, blobs of jelly in the PB jar, or any combination thereof sends me into conniptions.

As a child, I'd often count on my fingers the number of syllables uttered by those around me in casual conversation. What's more, I'd find that I was more satisfied when the syllables were even in number rather than odd. No idea what drove that particular behavior, but it was comforting.

My vehicle interior must be clean and free of dirt/debris/disorder at all times. Dash vents must be coordinated in alignment.

P.S. Checking that all doors are locked each night isn't OCD. It's a standard security check and a best practice. It enters the realm of OCD when you must check all doors & locks multiple times each night.
    Last edited by ubervic; 10-14-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Dash vents must be coordinated in alignment.
    I'd never really given it any thought...but...guilty.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List