Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Our OCD thread

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    How else are you going to get them to wear evenly? Ever pick up a pair where one is all stretched out and the other isn’t? It’s madness and can’t be allowed to happen.
    Theres a simpler way to deal with that. After coming out of the dryer, stack them in similar piles if theres any that are different type or styles. Take 2 at a time off a pile and fold them until gone, if any leftovers, they get paired with other oddball leftovers. Sometimes they arent the same thickness. Oh well.

I guess Im not very good at the OCD thing.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Cool

If you ask my wife or children I have OCD but really I just do things the RIGHT way and put things in their RIGHT spot. Except when it comes to my tools...I might be OCD there.

Really there are only two things I’m OCD about, with one the food my dogs get - I almost kicked someone out of my home for saying she’d feed my dog people food at a party I hosted. She basically said it’s “what she does” and I made sure she understood it wouldn’t go well for her. It didn’t help that my Dobe had liver disease (copper retention disorder) and was on a strict diet to include distilled water.

The other is a meticulous round count log for all my firearms. I even log the brand and bullet type/weight. Makes me twitch when folks at the range ask to shoot one of my guns and want to use their own ammo. I understand they are being nice by not wanting to burn up my ammo, but I prefer they shoot mine. If they don’t know exactly what they have for ammo I tell them no. Lol! And if it’s reloads, steel cased, or Russian crap it’s a hard no.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I had a bouncing garage door a few years ago and now have to wait for the garage door to fully close before leaving the driveway or I feel the need to circle back and check. But I figure I make it up by timing things just right so I smoothly pull into the garage the moment the door clears my roofline. I then click the opener as I come to a stop so the door reaches the floor by the time I enter the house. Kinda like this, except without parking crooked:

Good Heavens. You just might be more OCD than I am. 😂🤣😂

I am nowhere near "coordinated" or "smooth" enough to do that with my garage door.

ETA: Now I can say that I am not crazy 'cause 0ddl0t does it, too.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-29-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Kinda the same except it is the -unexplained noise- that must either be explained or eliminated.

I once replaced a bunch or suspension bushings on am an ancient 4Runner that had a “clunk” only under heavy right cornering. Drove me nuts. After a year of trying to find it I realized it was a partially secured jack under the passenger seat.
    First rule of chasing noises in cars: Take everything that's not attached out of the car.

I once had a customer come back to the wheel and tire shop complaining of a clunk in his Mercedes convertible. Turned out to be the axe handle in the trunk.

------------

I got to be this way by having my mistakes printed and mailed to a few hundred thousand people every month for several years. You try really hard to be the one who catches them all. The other thing that contributed was seeing more than one well-funded racing program fold in on itself because first finishing wasn't first priority.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Check locks repeatedly? Yep.
    Check garage door repeatedly? Yep.
    Rotate dishes? Yep.
    Sort bills by denomination, small to large and facing the same way? Yep.

The towels all need to be folded the same way regardless of size.

I can't stand having ANYTHING on the lenses of my glasses or any eyepro I'm wearing.

All shirts must be facing the same way in the closet. Same for the pants but they don't have to face the same way as the shirts.

My garage is a constant mess but the tools on my workbench at work are very much dress right dress.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Whenever I write something in my daily log around the time off to the nearest 5 minutes. It drives me nuts to write "ended rounds 0023"
    Who the fuck shoots at 0023. 😁 jkjk
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

My wife is OCD about putting my stuff away but not necessarily hers. Then the problem is she doesnt remember where she put it. So you can imagine my frustration because her put away location is not OCD. I think its more like the closest place to wherever she is standing at that moment. My revenge is to take stuff out and leave it out.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    On the left foot, opposite on right

Warming up my vehicle before driving
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The engine has to drop out of the fast idle before I will even think of turning on the air conditioning, let alone putting it into gear.
    Unless you're still driving something with a carbureted engines, that's actually harmful to your car as compared to just driving normally.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...-harms-engine/
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    The other is a meticulous round count log for all my firearms. I even log the brand and bullet type/weight. Makes me twitch when folks at the range ask to shoot one of my guns and want to use their own ammo. I understand they are being nice by not wanting to burn up my ammo, but I prefer they shoot mine. If they don’t know exactly what they have for ammo I tell them no. Lol! And if it’s reloads, steel cased, or Russian crap it’s a hard no.
    Of course! How would you know when to change recoil springs if you don't log rounds shot?

As for the rest of it, of course I log bullet weight, etc.; I reload, so every range trip gets a log entry with # rounds fired, bullet manufacturer, bullet weight, powder charge, whether any malfunctions/stoppages/etc occurred. As far as running steel case or other people's reloads, I'm right there with you. Steel case is a hard no, and the only scenario where I'd even consider somebody else's reloads would be if I know them well, am sure that they have the needed attention to detail, they tell me their recipe and I approve it, *and* all rounds to be run through my gun pass the plunk test in my barrel. Can you tell that I only own a few guns and don't want them damaged?

User Tag List