Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Our OCD thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Smallest to largest, back to front.
    Apostate!!!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    I safety pin my socks together for washing. Have since I was a kid.
    Wow. That's a new one on me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have driven my wife nuts for years by obsessing about eliminating every single rattle or noise in the car.

I mean, it is about the only thing that really irritates her. But I swear, unexpected and or unusual noises, especially random ones, absolutely drive me freaking insane. The car simply must be quiet, with literally the only noises being engine, gearbox, road noise and (very occasionally) music. I cannot stand driving with anything moving around in the foot wells, or behind the seats. Everything, literally everything moveable must be strapped down, buttoned up or held in place.

True story: I loved my 2003 E46 ZHP to bits. I had it for 8 years and did all the maintenance on it; oil, fuel filters, water pump, expansion tank, brakes, etc. etc. etc. At some point late in it's 100K miles with me, I started to hear a slide "sliding" noise that ended in a little "click" every once in a while. It was driving me insane. I almost tore the dash apart trying to find this noise.

Turns out when I was prepping the car for sale for the next owner, I took out the ashtray assembly. A penny had dropped beyond the catch, and was literally sliding back and forth in the grove of the retaining lip of the tray.

My sanity was restored.

Oh and I am kinda OCD about flashlights. When I met my current wife about 10 years ago I think I counted I had over 30. To this day, she doesn't let me pause and stop by any flashlight kiosk or sales area of any kind at any time.

I can quit whenever I want to.

Site Supporter
    Kitchen must be clean before I sleep at night.

Oil changes before 4K miles. I don’t care what people say.

Oil change before any road trip greater than 500 miles

Trans flushes before 30 k; radiator flush every 30 k; gear oil every 30k

Glock striker channel cleaned every other range trip.

Sorry, forgot one: I can only set Thermostats to Even numbers; never odd. Car, house; doesn't matter, they always have to be even.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    When I have cash, all the bills have to be facing the same way and in the same orientation. It was a requirement for cash deposits when I worked at Publix and has followed me ever since.
    It drives me nuts when a cashier hands me change either the denominations out of order or with bills upside down.

Check and recheck doors at night.

Triple check range bag.

Pair socks by lot number.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Plates, even of the same make or current paint scheme etc are notoriously off. I've not gone so bad as to weigh mine, nor have I ever not done a set due to unmatched plates, but I know it's common.

The funny thing is that I have a set of fractional plates I'd use until someone mentioned that the standard plates are probably off by more than my fractionals. So, mostly they go unused these days.

Fortunately I lift at home, so the plates, which probably still don't weigh the same, are all pairs I bought myself.
    At a previous place of employment, they had a pretty well setup little weight-room. But since engineers are notoriously OCD, someone had weighed each plate and wrote the weight on it. Out to the second decimal place.

Turns out there was about a +/-5% variance so you could be off by 10% side-to-side if you weren't careful.

There are some things you are probably better off not knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Same.

Name:  Image 9-29-19 at 6.16 PM.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  50.0 KB

But in my case it is combined with forgetfulness, which results in obsessing over having a list for everything because if it isn't in writing it doesn't exist, and having 3 extra bottles of shampoo, 3 extra 6-packs of soap, 6 extra tubes of toothpaste, 4 cans of sunscreen, an extra jug of milk, an extra carton of half and half, etc., because I can't abide running out of something and when I'm at the store I can't remember if I have enough of it, assume I don't, and buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    After I leave, I always circle back around the block to drive past my house about 5 minutes later to make sure that the place is secure. In the past it has paid a good dividend. One time, upon circling back, I found that the automatic garage door had cycled back up for some unknown reason, perhaps the wind had blown a leaf into the garage that tripped the door's safety sensor.
    I had a bouncing garage door a few years ago and now have to wait for the garage door to fully close before leaving the driveway or I feel the need to circle back and check. But I figure I make it up by timing things just right so I smoothly pull into the garage the moment the door clears my roofline. I then click the opener as I come to a stop so the door reaches the floor by the time I enter the house. Kinda like this, except without parking crooked:

User Tag List