Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1000 lumens Streamlight with mount for $100, what’s the catch?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Streamlight is HQed near Norristown, PA. Years ago, we used to be a dealer and IIRC, all the liteboxes and SL models we stocked were stamped something like that. However, the fact sheet for the HL-X does state that it is made in China.
    Yeah I know, that was a jab at the confused Boomer who said earlier that putting a Streamlight on your rifle was liking cozying up to the guy who raped your wife.
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 10-01-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Stream light builds good shit affordably. That is kinda the deal with streamlight. If everything were manufactured here they would be more than surefire and would kill them as far as sales. I have had and used streamlight for years. Shit works. I buy American whenever possible, but sometimes it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The silicone o-ring on mine was putting up a fight. I hit it with Honda Shin-Etsu silicone grease I had in my garage from my convertible top days and it is much better behaved. Probably even less likely to get a twist or bunch that could impair waterproofness. Syl-Glide may also work. Just remember that silicone doesn't like petroleum products - it will swell and soften, then come apart.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-01-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Well, F me.

I got mine in and it won't take any of my existing 18650 protected batts. Has to have one with a button top.

As a main rifle light, I will probably have 123s in there anyway but my primary excuse of buying this because "I'll save money using my 18650s" is shot to hell.

The 10 tap programming is reminding me why I was not accepted for a percussion slot in band in school. I can get it to work but it takes many tries. I just didn't get to do much fast staccato work as 5th chair alto sax.

It is a bright son of a gun, though.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Confused about the 18650 rechargeable battery

Streamlight's advert shows a rechargeable 18650 but with a plug in micro type USB port on the battery itself. However the battery and charger aren't sold with the flashlight nor does it appear to be available (anywhere). Other non-Streamlight 18650 batteries are available but chargeable with a more tradition type charger.

Does anybody know what is going on? It seems the flashlight is the brightest with the 18650 battery.

Hammertime
    So this $100 rapidly turned into a lot more:

Buy Weapon light: impressive.

Buy similar USB recharging handheld light.

Decide to mount on 1301.

Buy Aridus fore end.

Buy Magpul Mlock attachment

Decide I need another new weapon light for the AR.

Buy Arisaka offset Keymod mount for AR.

Still waiting for the AR stuff but this was good motivation to get the 1301 completely squared away. Except sling...
    Name:  EDE5FFF6-FB39-4990-B63D-5C33F42EFD4C.jpeg
Views: 235
Size:  92.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    Streamlight's advert shows a rechargeable 18650 but with a plug in micro type USB port on the battery itself. However the battery and charger aren't sold with the flashlight nor does it appear to be available (anywhere). Other non-Streamlight 18650 batteries are available but chargeable with a more tradition type charger.

Does anybody know what is going on? It seems the flashlight is the brightest with the 18650 battery.
    Battery Junction has the Streamlight usb 18650.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/1865...nd=Streamlight

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Hammertime
    Got the second installed. I really like them. The Arisaka mount is pretty trick as well.

Am I stupid to mount it so close to the flash hider?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Got the second installed. I really like them. The Arisaka mount is pretty trick as well.

Am I stupid to mount it so close to the flash hider?

Mine seems to work just fine.

Hammertime
    JINX!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Mine seems to work just fine.

User Tag List