Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 lumens Streamlight with mount for $100, what’s the catch?

I dont like the idea of putting Chinese products on my guns no matter the quality. China is anti American, overtly surveilling the US, and stealing what they want. Not getting lured in by low prices by a country I dont trust.
    Imagine fighting a war with a country you are dependent on. I dont mean war in the traditional sense. More of a tech war, being out maneuvered, manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I dont like the idea of putting Chinese products on my guns no matter the quality. China is anti American, overtly surveilling the US, and stealing what they want. Not getting lured in by low prices by a country I dont trust.
    Imagine fighting a war with a country you are dependent on. I dont mean war in the traditional sense. More of a tech war, being out maneuvered, manipulated.
    Make sure you get rid of all your Chinese made household products, appliances, and electronics and only use American made ones. That'll show em.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is it hard to “program” or something? I just want one click and then #AllTheLumens

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-8.../dp/B06VTLLDH4
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    They are legit. This one that I have on my BCM 11.5" is the smaller, lighter 350 lumen version. Amazon had the bundle with the light and the Arisaka inline MLOK mount for $115 which I felt was a good deal considering the mount is $37 by itself. It came programmed as #allthelumens on the first click, strobe if you click twice, low on the third click, constant on with the button, which also allows you to bump fire it into the mode you want.

I don't have a ton of rounds with it mounted yet, probably 500 or so, but so far so good with no flickering. Prior to having the BRT Covert Comp on this gun, I was using that Vltor flash hider in the picture. After one range trip, it was caked with carbon as to be expected, but it cleaned off much easier than other weapon lights I've used. Not sure if they coat the lens with something but it sure made wiping off the carbon easier. I'm gonna order that 1000 lumen model as well.
    Attachment 43044
    Correction on the bold part. Posting that photo yesterday reminded me that I needed to replace the front zip tie I broke trying to rotate it after it was cinched down. I played with the ten tap programming and I was incorrect about 3 clicks getting you to low. On factory settings, one click for #allthelumens and two for strobe, a third click is back to #allthelumens . It can also be programmed to be #allthelumensallthetime or just on low. I set mine to #allthelumensallthetime because I don't like strobe.
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 09-29-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Make sure you get rid of all your Chinese made household products, appliances, and electronics and only use American made ones. That'll show em.
    It's a matter of principle. Not about showing anybody. I liken giving in to higher quality, lower price chinese stuff to hanging out with a guy that raped your wife/girl friend. If China were not anti American it would be different but China is not our friend.

It's a matter of principle. Not about showing anybody. I liken giving in to higher quality, lower price chinese stuff to hanging out with a guy that raped your wife/girl friend. If China were not anti American it would be different but China is not our friend.
    Of course. Highest quality within financial budget is clearly the same as hanging out with someone who has raped your spouse.

And people say we eat our own.

-Cory

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, what device are you using to post this?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Of course. Highest quality within financial budget is clearly the same as hanging out with someone who has raped your spouse.

And people say we eat our own.

-Cory
    Shovel fucking wasn’t enough, now we are raping people too.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Shovel fucking wasn’t enough, now we are raping people too.
    Round point or flat? A friend wants to know...

Attachment 43084

User Tag List