Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407C on sale @ Brownells

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Interesting. I can't imagine it will be all that effective, but at the price it might be worth trying for shits and grins.
    Exactly. If nothing else maybe it's a little better thread protector that still fits in some of my holsters. I still want to be able to pull it off and mount a can for (expensive) grins and giggles.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The circle dot reticle in the 507/508 seems perfectly suited to shotgun use to me. Especially on a hunting shotgun intended for turkeys or coyotes.

If I didn't already have two 407's I would be all over this. I thought I got a good deal at $200 each. Ha.

What a smoking deal from Brownell's.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-29-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Site Supporter
    I got mine yesterday.

For some reason, the slide threading used by Brownell's slide is different than every other RDS' included screws. Luckily I can use the screws that came with the slide, but it's annoying that I have two sets (long and short) that came with the RDS and are useless.

Otherwise, it mounted without incident. The dot, as is the case with just about every RDS I look through, is distorted. However, being a tiny dot and this being a pistol used at pistol distances (ie out to 25yds), it may not significantly affect accuracy in my hands. I haven't shot with it yet, but will try to do so this weekend.

Chris

Mine is supposed to be here today.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Got mine yesterday and installed it on the M&P40 Pro this evening. I've read the C&H MOS plates are recommended in some of the MOS install threads, would it be a safe assumption the M&P would benefit from using their CORE adapter plates??
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Supposedly Brownells is sold out but Optics Planet has them for $174 with code “red14”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Supposedly Brownells is sold out but Optics Planet has them for $174 with code “red14”
    Done, works....need M&P9 CORE 2.0 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Done, works....need M&P9 CORE 2.0 now.

My two just came in from Brownells - if they are still in stock Monday I’ll get another for that Ruger 22/45 that won’t zero.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My two just came in from Brownells - if they are still in stock Monday I’ll get another for that Ruger 22/45 that won’t zero.
    FYI the red14 code works in the other mrds holosun models. $329-46=283 for green circle dot model.

AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    FYI the red14 code works in the other mrds holosun models. $329-46=283 for green circle dot model.

Hmmm. I can live without the green but a 508T might pique my interest.

I’ve been wanting to APEX and RDS cut my $200 PD trade in M&P45 too....

User Tag List