Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407C on sale @ Brownells

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How about a riser for it?
    It can be mounted to a picatinny rail with the included mount. I know absolutely nothing about outfitting modern fighting rifles but I would guess that'd be easy to find. If you're referring to the 336, I don't think I'll want a riser. not sure yet.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Looking at the Holosun website, I get the feeling that this model is being discontinued. There are no photos of it and most of the text from the page is missing (overview, specs, etc). My concern is that if something breaks, you’re left dealing with a Chinese company about a product they may no longer support.

On the other hand, I might just be jealous because I ordered a 507c right before this sale on the 407c and could have saved $50.
    The impression I've gotten is the biggest difference between the 407 and 507 is the 507 having the circle around the dot option. If that's true and considering the popularity of the 507, I can see them discontinuing the 407 but going through Brownells gives me a better feeling if that happens than going through Amazon, or any of the other vendors. Hopefully that sentiment won't come back to bite me.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    It can be mounted to a picatinny rail with the included mount. I know absolutely nothing about outfitting modern fighting rifles but I would guess that'd be easy to find. If you're referring to the 336, I don't think I'll want a riser. not sure yet.
    I’m a lower 1/3 guy on cowitness, I’ll prolly have to find a riser.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The impression I've gotten is the biggest difference between the 407 and 507 is the 507 having the circle around the dot option. If that's true and considering the popularity of the 507, I can see them discontinuing the 407 but going through Brownells gives me a better feeling if that happens than going through Amazon, or any of the other vendors. Hopefully that sentiment won't come back to bite me.
    Any RDS you put in a service pistol has a finite life so having Extra RM our footprint red dot sights available is always a good thing. If you were on the fence and And “Dot curious” this is a cheap way to dip your toe in the water.

Site Supporter
    A riser would be counter productive on a Marlin lever gun but as mentioned these fit any RMR footprint mount.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-28-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Ordered one and I’m planning on getting my Glock 48 milled for this. Thanks!

RMR mounts should work.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Bought one. I wasn't planning on buying one until later this year or early next, but this price was too good. Based on what I've seen in Reddit GunDeals threads, this is pretty close to the lowest prices these things have seen.

I fondled the 507c at a store last weekend. The 2moa dot is nice and crisp, which is a change for my eyes. The circle didn't seem too useful, the circle+dot was a bit busy. I'd rather than a larger dot, but can get by with 2moa for less than 2 bills and Brownell's warranty.

This is going on my Fauxland Special (P80 G19 with Brownell's RMR-cut slide). Now I just need to pony up for a compensator.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Bought one. I wasn't planning on buying one until later this year or early next, but this price was too good. Based on what I've seen in Reddit GunDeals threads, this is pretty close to the lowest prices these things have seen.

I fondled the 507c at a store last weekend. The 2moa dot is nice and crisp, which is a change for my eyes. The circle didn't seem too useful, the circle+dot was a bit busy. I'd rather than a larger dot, but can get by with 2moa for less than 2 bills and Brownell's warranty.

This is going on my Fauxland Special (P80 G19 with Brownell's RMR-cut slide). Now I just need to pony up for a compensator.

Chris

I'm thinking about replacing my thread protector with one of these on my Brownells slide dot gun, just for cheap experiment: https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...ead-protector/
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I'm thinking about replacing my thread protector with one of these on my Brownells slide dot gun, just for cheap experiment: https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...ead-protector/
    Interesting. I can't imagine it will be all that effective, but at the price it might be worth trying for shits and grins.

Chris

User Tag List