Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407C on sale @ Brownells

I just got two of these in. I replaced the RMR on one of my CZ P-09's with one. Undecided what I'll do with the other.

Initial impressions:
    -I'm glad the BUIS I was using with the RMR will still work with the 407c
    -The window seems just a bit taller than the RMR, which is exactly what I want. It's certainly not a true gamer optic, but seems like a good hybrid option.
    -I really wish they offered a 5 or 6 MOA option. I like big dots and I cannot lie.
    -Moving between different moderately low to low lighting conditions, the AUTO function is always lower than I prefer.
    -Best I can tell, you cannot manually override the AUTO mode's brightness choice. Need to change brightness setting right now? Too bad. You have to take the several seconds to select it to MANUAL mode.

Unrelated to the optic itself: Apparently Cajun Gun Works didn't mill front bosses when they did my RMR cut. I bought the gun used with the RMR already installed, so this is news to me. The cut also appears unfinished so there was a bit of very mild surface rust. I'd look elsewhere for optics cuts.
    David S.

Another note.

I sent two slides and two HS407c out to be milled. While they were away I ordered an HS508T. When everything was together I decided to install the HS508T on my practice gun but found that it had too much fore and aft play in the same cut that fits the HS407c tightly. Unfortunately, there appears to be some variance in the sizing between the different models that I have.

I went to the indoor range to zero my HS407c optics today. On one of them the optic was switched off after I adjusted it. I turned it back on and shot a few more times. Once again, it turned off when I was adjusting it. This time when I turned it back on, the dot was dim and would not get any brighter. I turned it off and back on. Same thing. I chalked it up to a dead battery and shot my other one for the rest of the range session.

When I got home, I put a new battery in the problem child and turned it on. The same thing occurred with the dim dot that would not turn up. After thinking about it a bit I discovered that when I had laid the pistol on its left side to adjust it, the rubber mat on the platform was pushing the buttons. It had not only turned it off, but also put it in auto-brightness mode, which is consistently way too dim. I put it back in manual mode and it returned to normal function.

Thought I would share my super-dipshit moment in case it might save someone else a headache...

Site Supporter
    I shot one of these today on a friends G19.5 MOS. His has the circle and dot like an EOTECH. It shot well - the circle and dot on a pistol RDS takes some getting use to.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I shot one of these today on a friends G19.5 MOS. His has the circle and dot like an EOTECH. It shot well - the circle and dot on a pistol RDS takes some getting use to.
    That's the 507. On the 507 you can turn off the circle if you don't like it.

Anyone see the 407CO? Has an 8moa Circle reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Oddly enough if I tighten my 407c down too much, the dot goes out. If I back off just a hair and turn it back on, a circle reticle flashes and then the regular dot comes on.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    That sounds interesting

Been carrying the 407C for a couple of weeks now, I recently began having the dot turn off on me and set to auto adjust when I have it set to manual. Happened once yesterday and three times today. I really liked this dot and was planning on replacing my RMRs with these but this incident has made it a 100% no-go for AIWB or any type of carry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Oddly enough if I tighten my 407c down too much, the dot goes out. If I back off just a hair and turn it back on, a circle reticle flashes and then the regular dot comes on.
    I’ve set the dot back today and saw the same circle reticle briefly appear, interestingly enough.
    Last edited by Olim9; 11-03-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    HS507C models are on sale today for abut $255. Any reason to not get a HS507C while on sale? Looking for a range pistol not duty. I currently am enjoying a SRO but looking for a lower cost option for another range pistol.

User Tag List